PDA

View Full Version : stuck!!!!!!!!!help!!!!!!!!!!!.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CARMEL W
Tue, Nov-04-03, 14:08
:wiggle: hi, I am from IRELAND and I started Atkins 5 weeks ago but only found this web site last night.Please bare with me as this is the first time I have ever gone into a chatroom of any sort,and I type with just one finger so a snail would get this message out quicker then I can!.I do need some HELP!though as I only lost weight during the first 2 weeks dispite only increasing my carb intake by 10.

Isiar
Tue, Nov-04-03, 18:11
Hi Carmel!
I'm glad you find this forum too. I have been low carbing for 5 months now and without this forum I 'm sure I wouldnt have the results that I have today.
Hang in there! It is very common no weight loss for awhile after that initial induction lost..your body needs time to adjust. Soon, it will began to drop again.
Cheers, Isiar

tofi
Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:31
We will be glad to bear with you while you type. Luckily, this is not a chat room where you need to type quickly (although we do have one) and you can take your time.

Please feel free to browse around. Be sure to go to the "Newbies Questions" forum and check out the Hot Links at the top of the index page. It has LOTS of information that will answer questions you haven't thought of yet. Just click on these underlined words: Hot Links (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=28939)

Possible answers to "why didn't I lose more" and "why aren't I losing now"?

Hidden carbs in processed foods.OR too many carbs. It's easy to eat more of them if you don't measure food, so consider doing that.
Sodium in processed foods, cheese, sliced deli meats, bacon
Exercising during Induction - loses fat but puts on muscle. Use a measuring tape or clothing to see if you are getting smaller.
Not drinking enough water
Medications can stall things or make losing slow.
Pre-menstrual water retention
As stated above, it is normal to 'rest' for a couple of weeks after Induction. If you stick with the plan, the losses will start again. You can actually change shape & size while not losing pounds, so get out the tape measure.

Lots more info around. Hope you start losing again soon.