PDA

View Full Version : low-carb tv dinners

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tinaninea
Mon, Nov-03-03, 19:26
Hi I Just Wanted To Say That I Found Lc Tv Dinners Today At Wal-mart. I Paid $3.29 For Beef Stew, & It Tasted Very Good, But I Wish There Was More. It May Be Enough For A Lunch. Anyway, It Had 9 Total Carbs - 3 Were Fiber. Anyway, You Might Want To Check Them Out. I Will Be Buying Again. :)

Lori H
Mon, Nov-03-03, 20:11
Thanks for the info. What were they called?

tinaninea
Mon, Nov-03-03, 20:22
Oops, Sorry, They're Called Chef's Choice & They're In A Blue Box. They're Hidden Uner The Smart One's So You Have To Look Hard For Them. The Guy That Makes Them Posted On Here A While Back That They Wold Be In Stores Soon So I've Been Looking For Them. By The Way, Where Did You Get Your Cheetfree Sign? I Want One.

korry1977
Tue, Nov-04-03, 09:01
Read this thread...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141669

Hope this helps,
Korry

4beans4me
Tue, Nov-04-03, 11:19
I tried these frozen entrees awhile back...

Let me start by saying that the flavor was excellent.

I read over the nutrition facts a bit more carefully while I was waiting for it to cook...

For the Chef's Choice brand, Chicken Toscana, there are 10 grams carbs, 2 fiber, 8 net, not bad.

370 calories: now, for the small (and I do mean small) serving size you get, I could have eaten a TON more for that many calories and carbs.

1070mg salt! OMG! I need to drink 2 extra gallons of water today for that splurge LOL!

5 sugars... closer inspection of the lable, it contains sugar and molasses. It also contains cornstarch which I think is a no-no.

Would I buy it again, probably not. They take almost 8 minutes to cook, in that time I could have made something much more satisfying (volume wise) and saved myself a TON of water retention that I know is on it's way...

Just my two cents :)

Lori H
Tue, Nov-04-03, 21:14
Thanks Korry for answering the question about the cheatfree symbol...I had to go to work and am just now getting back on the forum. Did you figure out how to put in the symbol? It took me a few trys to get it so if you have trouble just let us know.

Froggiebro
Tue, Nov-04-03, 22:48
Tina, Hugo has been having those dinners as "snacks" for quite a while now and he says they are "wonderful" (actual quote). I haven't tried them yet, I just forget they are in the freezer I guess. Anyway, I think the pork is his favorite.

MaryToU
Wed, Nov-05-03, 05:37
I have you agree with 4beans4me, I thought the salt content alone was way to high. This stopped me from even trying them. My kids liked them though! I have enought to worry about with water gain without adding to it.

adkpam
Wed, Nov-05-03, 09:24
Our closest Walmart is an hour away, so that puts a little crimp in getting frozen dinners. But you know, I'm so used to food tasting GOOD that I don't think I could go back to frozen dinners.
Yes, it has driven me to cook. Which is a good thing.