PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!! Menu's / food/ ect

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ShoeGirl
Mon, Nov-03-03, 15:07
Hello everyone-

I have been lurking on this board for about a week. I have read Atkins (and found it totally unhelpful) and have been continually pestering my online friend for help. I have almost reached my limit.. will someone please help me?? I really need it just netted out.

WHAT CAN I EAT! I find it hard to eat 10 times my weight (calories). I am so flippin tired of eating bacon, chicken and ham. I dont eat fish. Can someone PLEASE post an induction menu that they used that helped? or perhaps someone could go to my fit day page and see where I can make changes? I know I am not supposed to have nuts but I need help getting my calories above 900 a day. I cant believe that's all I am eating.

Please help me. I am so tired of being fat. Some guy called me a PIG yesterday at the mall. I dont want to give up but i am having trouble.

My fit day link is http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=GyrlAtomic

Thanks,
Monique

BlondeGirl
Mon, Nov-03-03, 15:25
ShoeGirl,

The link you posted did not work for me when I attempted to follow it. You might want to look at that.

At first I was having problems getting enough calories during induction but I tweaked my menu a bit (I'm a picky eater) and took some of the suggestions that are all over this forum and came up with something like this:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in 1tbsp butter with 1/4c cheese mixed in

Lunch: Salad with chicken fried in 1tbsp olive oil topped with Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing -OR- a bacon cheeseburger no bun no catshup dipped in a tblsp or so of mayo and a side salad with a low carb/high fat/high calorie dressing (i found an awesome ranch dressing for this)

Dinner: Steak topped with 1/2tbsp butter. 1c boiled broccoli topped with 1/2tbsp butter.

I usually do the bacon cheeseburger and side salad (which is about 2c of salad) for lunch and, with all the other food, that brings me to about 1900 calories a day, 70% or so of them being from fat, which seems to be working for me.

I also drink 1 gallon of water slowly throughout the day. It really does help.

There are tons of other things you can eat to keep the calories up; just remember that butter, mayo, and olive oil are your friends when cooking.

I wish you the best of luck!

NickFender
Mon, Nov-03-03, 15:36
WHAT CAN I EAT! I find it hard to eat 10 times my weight (calories). I am so flippin tired of eating bacon, chicken and ham....

Monique:
Where are the vegetables? eggs? beef? cheese? Presuming you're still on Induction, those are all allowed. Your profile says you've read Atkins book... do you have a copy with recipes in the back? If so, that can be a great source of menu ideas. If not, check out the recipes on Atkins.com. Good luck!

ShoeGirl
Mon, Nov-03-03, 15:40
Blonde. Thanks a MILLION. This does help somewhat. I appreciate your quick response. Cant figure out how to link you to my 'foods eaten' page. Will keep working on it.

THanks! Monique

ShoeGirl
Mon, Nov-03-03, 15:42
Nick-

I hate veggies. Am doing small salads with fresh spinach and some broccoli here and there. I do have the book but it seems to address more what happens AFTER induction. All those recipes are for 60 carbs and up.

Thanks for answering my post..and Buddy Holly is fabulous indeed

Monique

ImHere
Mon, Nov-03-03, 15:58
Breakfast
2 eggs fried w/butter
3oz left over rib eye steak
string cheese (3/4oz)

Lunch
Salad (1/2 cup bok choi, 1/2 cup romaine lettuce, 1/4 med. red pepper, 1/4 cup mushrooms, 3.5oz canned tuna, 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tblsp red wine vinegar)

Snack
string cheese (3/4oz)wraped in slice of ham (1oz)

Dinner
1/3lb hamburger pattie topped with 1oz cheddar cheese, sauteed mushrooms, thin slice onion, - all cooked in 1 tblsp olive oil

Salad (1 small zucchini, 1 cup romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup bok choi, 2 tblsp Maries blue cheese dressing)

This menu is typical of my induction and was pre-fitday for me so I always just counted carbs and counted anything that had a fraction of a carb as 1 carb.

I found it easiest just to eat pretty much the same thing everyday for the two weeks.

Have you checked out the website? It might be easier for you to grasp since its laid out very reader friendly.
Try this:
Rules of Induction
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-325810.html

AND
Acceptable Foods
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html

Hope this helps. Good luck! :)

ShoeGirl
Mon, Nov-03-03, 16:06
Oh my gosh Lori.. YOU RULE! That is exactly the type of thing I am looking for.

Monique

MaryToU
Mon, Nov-03-03, 16:07
ShoeGirl, if you really want someone to spell out menus for you there are two options you can look into. One join ediets. They will spill you out daily diets and such. The second would be to pick up Dr Atkins New Diet Cookbook. There is aweek worth of daily menus for each stage.

sunspine17
Mon, Nov-03-03, 16:27
I don't know how much you cook but if you cook every couple of nights and make enough for leftovers, you can get a lot more variety in.

Here's a link to a favorite, perhaps you could replace the tuna with canned chicken? http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...+tuna+mushrooms

Or this one:

CREAMY CILANTRO CHICKEN

4 boneless chicken breasts
4 ounces cream cheese (cubed ~ room temp)
1/2 cup of heavy cream
Juice of 1 lime
butter
minced garlic
3/4 cup (I like more) chopped fresh Cilantro

¼ cup canned diced tomatoes (optional if eating higher carbs)

Brown your cubed chicken in the butter & garlic until cooked. Add the cubed cream cheese and heavy cream and stir it all together melting it. Then squeeze the lime juice over mixture, add the fresh cilantro and stir it together. Let cook on LOW for about 10 minutes to get all the flavors blended.

I love these "creamy" recipes. They are tasty and very filling. The cool thing is you can sneak in some more veggies in them (spinach , asparagus, etc.). Once you get the hang of eyeballing the cream cheese and heavy cream to make the creamy base you can do almost anything with it. You could probably even do a creamy ground beef.

Another good one is to make meatloaf and stick veggies in it (use a little bit of salsa instead of tomato paste and Parmesan cheese instead of bread crumbs-- lower in carbs and still tastes like the real thing).

Fry up some frozen burgers. Grill some mushrooms and/or frozen spinach, perhaps a little onion in the same pan. When the burger is done plop the veggies on top of it and melt a slice of cheese on top. Eat with blue cheese or ranch dressing. If you like avocado, have that on the side (avocado is also really good with broiled chicken breasts).

These basic things have been my staple. There is so much tweaking you can do with a few basic recipes that it can make you feel like you have a TON of variety. You can eat the leftovers for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

sskrier
Mon, Nov-03-03, 17:19
Whatever you do.....don't give up!! You can do it, there is so much support and advice on this forum. Just take your time and look around and get ideas and ask questions. Everyone is here to help!! The advice you got here already will help.....you will see!!

I have lost 20 lbs since labor day,......and have started to stall, but i am determined to continue on. And i get my support from looking around, and gathering info. You can do it too.......and don't listen to comments from someone who has a large mouth and a small brain!! (haha)

Good Luck!! :cheer:

shari kay
Mon, Nov-03-03, 18:36
BlondeGirl: What is the brand of "awesome ranch dressing" that you found??? I have looked at all the labels around here, and they are all too high in carbs.

ShoeGirl
Mon, Nov-03-03, 18:36
SHUT UP! 20 POUNDS SINCE LABOR DAY? You are incredible! I wish I was you :-)

Thanks for the kind words!

And THANKS for the chicken salad recipe.. I dont often cook but just put a meatloaf in the over :-) I am actually looking forward to dinner for a change.

Monique

nicomanti
Thu, Nov-06-03, 23:29
what is the dressing you were talking about? and is blue cheese ok?

Rogue
Fri, Nov-07-03, 00:01
Blue cheese is fine - it's actually on the acceptable foods list.