PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

julieb81
Mon, Nov-03-03, 10:05
Hi everyone,

Recently discovered this site - just wish I'd found it sooner! I'm 22 and from northern Ireland and was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome last summer 2002 after piling weight on very quickly and couldn’t understand it as i ate a 'healthy' low fat diet. Only then did I hear that carbohydrates were to blame! I was 238lbs and am now 167, aiming for 138. Just following my own plan, after reading plenty on atkins & low-carb in general. It's usually based around 15% carb, 35% protein and 50% fat. The weightloss hasn't been the only benefit - I have so much more energy, far less bloatedness, and of course, increased confidence! Looking forward to hearing some tips and other people's experiences!

Julie

Lori H
Mon, Nov-03-03, 11:41
Hi Julie,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your fantastic success! How inspiring you are! This is a great site with lots of infomation and support available. You will like it here.

Iowagirl
Mon, Nov-03-03, 13:38
Welcome Julie - good to hear your success with low carb. Here's to your health!

BeccaResRN
Mon, Nov-03-03, 14:00
Welcome to the forumn Its agreat place for support advice and great recipes. Congratulations on your excellent weight loss so far!!!!!