PDA

View Full Version : 10 days into it!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Janet J
Sun, Nov-02-03, 13:40
Hello,
My jeans are looser and my appitite is controlled for the first time in my life! I have a healthy goal loss of 60 pounds. I had to estimate that because i'm so ashamed of myself that I didn't weigh in before i started.
I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning cause I know I'm just a coward. Anyway I feel great and my ketone strip says that I'm in a moderate Ketosis. I think that's good. I'm a little afraid of losing my soft pillow of protection (ie fat) but I just have to do it for myself and my family. Thank goodness there are so many success stories out there to keep me going! I'll check in later with a true goal. I'm scared.

Kristine
Sun, Nov-02-03, 13:46
Hi Janet. Welcome aboard! :wave:

It takes a lot of courage to decide to start being nicer to yourself and make that commitment. :thup: You're worth it! Pat yourself on the back! You have no reason to be ashamed - give yourself a big hug. :bhug:

If you haven't done so, you might want to measure yourself, also. That's usually a better indicator of body change than the scale.

Feel free to start a journal if you'd like more personal feedback and encouragement. :rheart:

Take care and enjoy! :sunny:

Lori H
Sun, Nov-02-03, 13:49
Yay! Good for you! Yes, weigh yourself because you will be glad you did down the road. It is inspiring to see your progress. I weighed but didn't take my measurements because "I didn't want to know." I wish I had done so now because I'd like to know just how many inches I've lost. Keep up the good work and welcome to the forum!

jlaprade
Sun, Nov-02-03, 16:53
I'm 10 days into Induction, too. It has not been hard for me at all. We've dined out several times. and there is always something I can have. I congratulate you for feeling slimmer. I know I have lost about six pounds, but still need to feel looser clothes. I am having difficulty controlling the amount of food I eat. I believe my proteins are most likely in excess. Otherwise, 20 grams of carbos or less have been all I've eaten.

Are you as wary of coming out of Induction and following the weight loss plan as I am? I just don't quite understand "adding 5 carbs."

If you visualize a plate before you, what percentage of that plate should be low carb veggies, what percent higher carb veggies and what percent protein?

Congratulations to you, and thank you for getting me "on forum."