PDA

View Full Version : new to this am a junk food junkie , I need to lose st least 25 pounds

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sherrie56
Fri, Oct-31-03, 20:41
[/COLOR][COLOR=Sienna]

Lori H
Fri, Oct-31-03, 23:39
Hi Sherri and welcome to the forum. I was a junk food junkie too before finding low-carbing. You will find lots of support here. Do a clean 2 week induction, by the book, and you will lose a lot of those cravings. Good to have you here and good luck!

sherrie56
Mon, Nov-03-03, 21:26
did you have headaches the 1st few days and is it ok to have 2 cups of tea a day will i still lose
thanks so much

Rogue
Mon, Nov-03-03, 21:41
Sherrie, if those cups of tea are de-caf and you don't add sugar then you'll be fine.

You'll find your carb and junk food cravings will go away after a few days.

sherrie56
Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:37
NO IT IS NOT DECAF BUT I AM USING HEAVY CREME & SPLENDRA{AS SUGAR} I THINK THAT IS HOW YOU SPELL IT ,I AM EATING EVERYTHING ELSE IT SAYS IN THE BOOK , THIS IS MY 4TH DAY I AM GETTING BETTER WITH CRAVINGS, HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE TO SEE IF YOU ARE DOING IT RIGHT LIKE IN WEIGHT LOSS IS IT AFTER 7 OR 10 DAYS

Nicole920
Thu, Nov-06-03, 19:04
Sherrie, I'm new too and have been having headaches too...just mild ones. I've found a wonderful green tea w/raspberry (very good for you). I find this makes me feel better too. It's by Celestial....give it a try

Nicole

pixy_nixy
Thu, Nov-06-03, 20:29
The headaches are probably the caffeine withdrawl. you're not having as much and are suffering for it You can cut out the caffeine completely which in a few days they'll ease off. Or just decrease the amount you have and in a few days your body will adjust to the new level. But yeah the head aches can be nasty!!!
On strict atkins you aren't supposed to have caffeine so people switch to decaf, herbal or green tea, but it only affects some people's weight loss. Determine for yourself. But that's just my opinion. ttyl!

nicomanti
Thu, Nov-06-03, 23:16
I am a junk food junkie too and im just starting this diet and oh my god, i cant believe the cravings i am having, its so hard but just think that the long term success of losing weight and being healthy is better than the 5 minutes of joy that u get from a chocolate bar!

gawdess
Fri, Nov-07-03, 10:21
It will pass, just hang in there! Best of Luck

woolina
Fri, Nov-07-03, 10:25
I cut back on caffeine, but never cut it out completly until a couple of weeks ago. I still lost. The cravings do get better and the headaches and the crappy feeling go away. All of a sudden you will experience a rush of energy (everyone talked about it and I thought I would never get it, but I finally did).
Things will get easier for you!

Nicole920
Fri, Nov-07-03, 17:35
Nicomanti...I know exactly what you mean....I want sugar!!!!! but I insist that this diet work for me...and all you have to do is look at the carb count on a chocolate bar....it's sooo not worth ruining all the hard work you just went through in the induction period...so stick with me.....LOL...I need help and this forum seems to be the best for it!!!!!

:)