PDA

View Full Version : Amazed that Low carb works

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

popeye
Thu, Oct-30-03, 12:32
hi everyone,
I'm so happy to have found this forum. I started my induction (Atkins) about
one and half weeks ago I have already seen amazing results. Starting with 188lbs and today I'm very happy to see 179. About 1lb less a day.
Does anyone have any tips on dealing with the strong metallic breathe?

Popeye

lkonzelman
Thu, Oct-30-03, 12:35
Listerine breath strips help but drinking lots of water is the healthiest way to delute your breath!

Congrats on your great start.

popeye
Thu, Oct-30-03, 12:47
Thanks LisaK. By the way, since I started, one craving I have is soda. I finally found one from my local Trader Joes. Diet Hansens Soda with Splenda sweetner.

Ohio Kim
Thu, Oct-30-03, 12:57
I drink LOTS of water, but it doesn't really seem to work. I keep thinking this is probably the one downside. If you do find something that works, PLEEZE let me know as well.

Talon
Thu, Oct-30-03, 17:46
I use chloropyll tablets - they don't work immediately, but you kind of build up to fresher breath. I swear by it.

LilaCotton
Fri, Oct-31-03, 01:10
I drink tons of water but still have icky taste in my mouth. I chew Eclipse gum which is super-strong flavored. Recommended serving size is 2 pieces, but I chew 1. It's sweetened with sugar alcohols.

popeye
Fri, Oct-31-03, 11:13
LilaCotton & Talon,
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try both and see what happens.

twinkles10
Fri, Oct-31-03, 18:37
I liked a big ole honking dill pickle. Can't beat vinegar for cutting that nasty breath!! :thup: