PDA

View Full Version : Hi! My intro....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sproch3384
Thu, Oct-30-03, 09:08
Well, I've been lurking here for about a week and thought it was time I introduce myself. I'm currently a stay-at-home mom (after working full-time for years!) who is on day 9 of induction. I am ecstatic to say that I've lost 8 pounds so far!!! I plan to stay on induction for at least a month. I've never really had much of a sweet tooth so that part isn't bothering me....but am having some serious bread and milk cravings! Actually, the cravings have really diminished but don't know if the desire for a big glass of milk will ever leave me!

I'm having some problems with the exercise thing, though. I live in MN and it's already too cold to go for walks during the day with my 2 y/o. I have all the tae-bo tapes but I'm really tired of them. Any good suggestions for an indoor workout that doesn't take up much space? Our house is SO small! Had to sell my tread mill when we moved here....

One thing I'm not having trouble with is the water! I've been drinking 100oz + for a couple of years now and can't live without it! My kids have all picked up the water habit, too....all five of them! (18, 15, 8, 5 & 2!) I have to have a water bottle in the fridge for each of them or they always drink mine!

Well, that's me in a nutshell! I am really enjoying this WOE and do have DRNDR and have read it many times. I actually bought it a few months ago but just was slow in putting it into practice! This is a lifetime plan for me. At only 5'1, I don't have the room to carry all this excess weight! Hubby is very supportive, even though he's skinny as a rail!

Sorry if I rambled! Thanks for listening!
Stacy
185/177/125
Started 10/23/03

anneK
Thu, Oct-30-03, 11:06
Stacy,

I just started this on Monday, four days ago. I'm only 5'1 also and my weight and yours are almost the same.
I was a hard core Mt. Dew addict, and now I'm drinking 20 8 oz glasses of water or more a day. I never was a big sweet eater, so that's no problem. I thought it would be harder to kick the soda, but it hasn't been.

My husband and 14 yr old daughter are also doing this with me, which is good because I don't have to cook two different meals.

Anyhow, Do you mind if I check in on your progress? I kinda feel like we both are at the same place, height and weight, and our start dates are close. Might help each other out, who knows?

Anne

sproch3384
Thu, Oct-30-03, 12:19
Hi Anne! Sure, I'd love it if you'd check up on me! It's nice to have someone who's at the same point in their journey as you are. I know I have a long way to go but I'm going to try to not get in a hurry. The times going to pass at the same rate whether I'm sticking to this new WOE or if I cheat my way up higher on the scale so I might as well be good to myself and stick with it....no matter how long it takes to reach my goal.

I, too, was a big Dew drinker. I found after the first few days of no soda at all, I needed some fizz in my life so I went out and got myself some diet rite cola. I only have one a day, sometimes none, but it sure helps when I do get the urge.

Feel free to email me if you'd like! Good luck....we CAN do this!

anneK
Sat, Nov-01-03, 08:53
Stacy,

Just wanted to see how you are doing. I'm on day 6 and I have lost 10 lbs so far. Cant' believe it either~! I think not having the 4-6 cans of Dew at 46 carbs per can is helping ALOT! People who have read my journal tell me I need to eat more and get my calories up. I'm trying, but it's really hard to eat so much when I was only eating one meal a day before.

Anyhow, wondered if you started a journal? Hope you will post so I can see how you are doing.

Anne

anneK
Sat, Nov-01-03, 08:55
Just found your journal.. am going to read it now. :-)