PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Newbie here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

goodgame
Thu, Oct-30-03, 08:16
Just wanted to say hello to all. I started LC a few days ago, and am in induction. I have lost 11 pounds in 4 days. A lot of that has got to be water or something, right? Is it supposed to go that fast? I am starting to feel better now that I am this far, but the first few days were rough. I even ate mexican food last night (taco salad w/o shell) and was able to say no to the really good home made tortillas... that was hard, but I did it... woohoo.... Looks like there is a lot of good advice on here, so I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Steve

Xplora
Thu, Oct-30-03, 08:52
Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum and this WOE (way of eating). To answer your qusetion, yes, you have probably dropped a lot of water weight, but you are also starting to burn fat too. Stick with it and you will feel great!
It's a good idea to start a journal, as that is where people will go to leave you messages and see your progress.
Keep up the good work and good luck!

Katyspice
Thu, Oct-30-03, 09:35
Hi Steve ~

Welcome!

Well it just doesn't seem right that a man from Texas can't have a decent tortilla!!! does it????!!

Well done you! Keep it up - it does and will get mucho better!

Katyspice

goodgame
Thu, Oct-30-03, 09:57
Thanks for the replies, and you are right Katyspice... it does not seem fair that we can not have tortillas in Texas, but it is worth it...

Also, Katyspice, your tag line about the trucker is funny... but true. lol