PDA

View Full Version : Carb Blockers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CeeTee
Wed, Oct-29-03, 18:16
Just wondering if anybody has ever tried any of those over-the-counter carb blockers?

lburnikell
Wed, Oct-29-03, 18:35
I havent, didnt even know they excisted so if you give them a try please let me know if they work! thanks

suzanneM
Wed, Oct-29-03, 18:53
i haven't but from past threads i don't think the general consensus was good - the whole point being, overcome eating habits and get the good stuff in the healthy way. i just don't trust stuff like that.

go to the atkins board (not the newbie board) and do a search on "carb blockers", you'll see a lot of info & opinions.

nawchem
Wed, Oct-29-03, 19:08
Some of the carb-blockers contain other ingredients that help stabilize blood sugar. I found one that helped a lot with my sugar cravings. When I went to the dr. he told me about a supplement that helps stabilize bs without the blocker ingredient it works well also.

The phaseoleum only works on the amylose bonds so it should really only work when you eat starches not sugars.

If your goal is to just lose weight and still eat whatever occassionally, why not try it? My goal is to not feed my addiction anymore and I can only do that by keeping my blood sugar stable and by complete abstinance of sugary sweets.

potatofree
Thu, Oct-30-03, 21:07
I can't speak for everyone, but my personal experience was not good. All I got for my money was bad gas and the feeling I could go off-plan more....

AzureMoon
Thu, Oct-30-03, 21:48
Potatofree, is that about 3 inches of snow on the jack-o-lantern?

BTW, your progress is an inspiration to us all. :clap: Thanks for all the great posts and knowledge you share.

potatofree
Fri, Oct-31-03, 20:37
azureMoon-- thank you. And the "lovely" snow totalled about 9 inches when it was over...<sigh> Unseasonably cold weather is following. It's going to hit about 5 BELOW zero tonight. We usually aren't THIS cold until December!

AzureMoon
Sat, Nov-01-03, 00:04
And we're unseasonably warm tonight--upper 70's--and will be the rest of the weekend. Weather is so strange these days...