PDA

View Full Version : New to Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

The_Britt
Wed, Oct-29-03, 12:28
Hello! I am new to Atkins but I have followed the South Beach Diet and The Zone on other occassions. I always felt hungry in the past and then ended up binging on naughty-naughty carbs. This is my first post thus I plan on reading the forum before posting again. Glad to meet you all!

Britt

NickFender
Wed, Oct-29-03, 12:34
Welcome, Britt. You'll find lots of support here.

tlepicier
Wed, Oct-29-03, 12:47
Dear Britt,
I'm new to all of this too. I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I would like to learn how I can loose more weight quicker. It would be nice for someone to tell me what to eat to accomplish this. Back to work. Theresa :) ps welcome to both of us!!!!

twinkles10
Thu, Oct-30-03, 20:48
Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Don't be offended, but when I first saw your screen name I though it was "The Butt" and I laughed and laughed. I like your real name, though. Guess I need to look at getting my glasses prescription changed :lol:

PurpleStix
Thu, Oct-30-03, 22:21
Britt, Atkins would be a good plan for you. You have a long way to go, so you can't afford to go off plan. Ketosis will help you to burn fat and kill those carb hunger pangs. Get used to this way of eating and sweets will seem as foreign to you as they really are. The new treats will be cheese, nuts, seeds and berries. Good luck with it!