PDA

View Full Version : fish fillet/mcdonalds... want it BAD

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stella j
Wed, Oct-29-03, 10:57
Hey. I want a fish fillet so bad,, can i have one? i dont know. I doubt it, but I today is my 19th day. Im starved. Please answer fast.

Kristine
Wed, Oct-29-03, 10:58
Definite no-no. :nono: No breading, no flour. If you're hungry, go for a bunless burger instead. :thup: For sure, if you're starved, eat *something*, but you'll feel much better physically and mentally if you stay on plan.

stella j
Wed, Oct-29-03, 10:58
& of course i mean w/o bread but w/ tartar sauce

stella j
Wed, Oct-29-03, 11:01
ok. thanks Kristine! grrrr!! :-) i was reading in this one girl.. coolazchic's journal.. she ate cheese sticks and jalepeno poppers... she still lost weight.. how possible, those are nono's too right? thanks for quick response i might have failed w/o that.

Galadriell
Wed, Oct-29-03, 11:15
I am a real fish junkie: could eat fish every day. To help to satisfy my fish craving, I bought a wonderful small electric grill for $12.99, and can make grilled fish with different spices, olive oils, vegies in less than 5 minutes.
Not only it tastes much better than the spiceless fast food version, but it is very cheap:-)

ozziesgirl
Wed, Oct-29-03, 11:16
Stella J, maybe you are missing something throughout the day that is making you starved. Post some sample menus so we can see what you are having. If you haven't already that is...I am new to this forum.

Also why are cheese sticks and jalapenos a no no? We are allowed to have cheese, and jalapenos after induction aren't too bad. Maybe because that is ALL she is eating makes this a no no.

Anyways I know what you mean when old cravings resurface. Maybe you could have a big juicy burger without the bun or a big platter of surf and turf if seafood is what you are craving. Anyways good luck :yay:

After rereading your cheese sticks and jalapeno poppers, I see you mean BREADED!! Ooops sorry

Kristine
Wed, Oct-29-03, 11:24
Stella - there's a great recipe for jalapeno poppers in the Kitchen section somewhere. :thup: I tried them and they're great! Hit the "search" button up top, and do a search on jalapenos. :thup:

Actually, all you have to do is stuff the jalapenos with cream cheese and bake them. They're excellent and legal. :thup:

I can't speak for coolazchic, but I know she's been on the forum for a while so she probably isn't on induction anymore. ;) You can get away with eating some lightly breaded stuff when you're closer to goal.

stella j
Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:49
Chello Kristine, Ozziesgirl, and Galadriell, Ok I passed on the fish sandwich thank goodness. But something happ'd on the way home, when i picked up a newspaper and grabbed some nuts,, didnt realize how HIGH they were in carbs. So i trashed them. Geesh. I wont have anymore carbs all day long. Lordy. Lordy. Also I am going to post my fitday to you guys because I weighed myself and only lost 4 lbs in 19 days. I am not in a rush, but I do need some sign that this is working. I need to feel better somehow. I got so excited after losing those 4 lbs.. howEVER, i dont even know if i lost those, im using the gym scale because thats the only one i go by and know what i weigh on. Im not going by #'s im going by loss or gain. Also i quit drinking beer, and i used to have at LEAST 36 a week,, so that ought to be a pound a week JUST In itself. I need support. Love you guys.

Kristine, thanks for the tip on those jalepoeno's.. sounds gREAT! I'll try it. .

Here's my fitday:

FitDay - Online Diet & Fitness Manager (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp)

stella j
Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:51
Sorry here's the right fitday addy. Somebody helped me in saying that was the wrong link.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=stella+j

MyJourney
Wed, Oct-29-03, 14:34
http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/snack105.html

There is a recipe for Low carb Mozzarella sticks

Might also be worth a shot with keto crumbs. I have not tried these but it sounds good.