PDA

View Full Version : I'm slipping....please help?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ryoko Fan
Wed, Oct-29-03, 10:48
ok... the depression is setting in ... I just read the post about the golden shot and I'm wondering what I can do. For those of you who read my introduction you know that I am essentially trying to loose 5 pounds. And I'm loosing them because I compete in a weight class sport. I did really well my first week--(I didn't really loose any weight but I kept on it even though my moral was very low (I was at 113.6).. and then the next week it finally moved.. the cravings went away and I steadaly moved down to 110. I was so excited because I still had a week till my tournament (my goal was to get down to 109 and maintain that weight.) I was running up the mountain with my dawgs with the same amount of strength I have when I'm not on a "diet"--I was lifting weights hard and felt strong and recovered normally and my muscles were starting to really show...then.. I slipped up a bit on that last few days of induction. I had a couple of scotch and waters.. on two different days. but my weight was always fine the next mornings.. (I own an expensive scale that goes down to the .2 incriments--and I only weigh myself first thing in the morning). but then I few days later I moved up to 111! but I kept on .. figuring I was constipated maybe? and this moring I was 111.4 :cry: and I have to weigh in on FRIDAY.

I was hoping things would be different... I always can get down to 110 but then I bounce right back up... and its not like my body is all muscle. there IS some fat on me still which is why I know I should be able to get down to the next weight class.

Please. please don't tell me to just move up a weight class. I have tried that and I just can't compete on a national level at that class. Those women really are bigger than me. I just am at such an akward weight to fit into either weight class.

what if I messed up my golden shot? since I skrewed up two different days of my induction should I start over? (I won't have a huge 'wooo hoo today doesn't count binge')

My husband said he heard an interview on NPR about the South Beach Diet and how it is an evolved Atkins diet.. but I looked at some sample meals and it looks low fat to me.. I am SO OVER low stupid fat!

thank you for any advice... this forum has been a huge support to me.

Kristine
Wed, Oct-29-03, 11:07
I really don't know if there's any advice to give you. :confused: There's no healthy way to make the scale move below normal while maintaining your muscle mass. There's no easy, healthy way to take your fat levels down to "barely above the minimum for menstruation", which is also pretty much eating disorder territory. Is winning that important? :confused:

Keep your health first... :rheart:

NickFender
Wed, Oct-29-03, 12:11
I slipped up a bit on that last few days of induction. I had a couple of scotch and waters.. on two different days.

You are pushing yourself into a realm where there is no margin for error. So if you're serious about making weight, stop drinking the scotch.

Ryoko Fan
Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:44
Thanks Nickfender..your right. gosh--why do we have to be told the obvious! thats so funny. I guess I'll try adding a different vegetable instead of a glass of scotch.. I just wanted to have my cake and eat it too...literally.

And especially thanks for not implying that I'm borderline "eating disorder" person. as I have explained I have not lost any strength and I still menstrate at 110. its not about "winning" to me.. I don't fantasize about a room filled with trophys. for me its about playing my best. THATS what I daydream about. I always try to find a reason why I CAN. which requires a lot of thinking outside the box. it would be a lot easier for me to just decide that "I tried"..and then settle for mediocrity.. but I think I would end up having a mid life crisis in my later years. or worse--try to live my life through my kids!
the important thing for me to keep in mind is that I'm eating A LOT! which is more than I can say for any of the other stratagies I've implimented. I'm just going to go to this tournament and let the scale weigh where it may. I'll play the big girls again, but know that slow and steady wins the race. it might take a few more months before my body is ready to steadly stay at 109.
I think I'll start a journal too... I don't know why we look to others to tell us we can. it doesn't matter. it doesnt' matter if Oprah Winfery or the President of the United States rights you a letter and says, "I know you can do it". it doesn't mean any more that you can or that you will. the only one who HAS to believe in you is YOU. -- I always feel like Dorthy (in the Wizard of Oz) when I RE-REALIZE this point.