PDA

View Full Version : Flax seed (a fiber question)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kristen73
Tue, Oct-28-03, 19:58
I have a question about fiber. I bought a bag of ground flax seed today. It says a serving is 2 tbsp. I read somewhere else that a serving is 1/2 tbsp. What would you recomend. I put 2 tbsps in my protein smoothy this morning and liked it, but how much is too much. ALSO, if something says 4 carb, but also has 4 grams of fiber, don't the two cancel each other out or are the benefits of the fiber so great that it's worth eating?!?! I hope this makes since.
Thanks,
Kristen

p.s. I've been on a plateau for a long time. I know I need to start counting carbs again. If I only want to lose say, 15 more lbs., could I lose around 1 to 2 lbs a week if I try real hard (New Years!!), or is that really pushing it for this type of WOL and being so close to my goal? Thanks again

shortstuff
Tue, Oct-28-03, 20:44
Unfortunately, the bag is listing NET carbs and fiber, not TOTAL carbs and fiber. If you use Fitday you can do a search on "flax" and it will show you the total carbs and the total fiber. They don't cancel each other out (NUTS!!) Rosebud was kind enough to point this out to me a few weeks ago. I sincerely wish manufacturers would warn us when they are listing net carbs under the carbs section!!!

MyJourney
Tue, Oct-28-03, 20:53
Mine says serving size 3 TBSP for the full seeds. I usually eat about 2 and like em.

3 on a salad is a bit too much for me