PDA

View Full Version : Finally Found Active Low Carbers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

runnermom7
Tue, Oct-28-03, 11:52
I'm so happy to have found this group of support! Just a quick intro...

I'm Alison and a stay at home mom of my 7 month old son. My husband is in the Navy and I think secretly wondered if I'd take that baby weight off. Well I did and I'm 4 pounds lighter than my pre pregnancy weight. I'm back into the running scene and am training for a half marathon. It was so fun when I did it two years ago, I'm going again. My sister brought up doing a full marathon and although I kicked around the idea before, I'm going to make the committment to do one at the end of January. I've been low carbing since the beginning of September and find I'm able to do a lot more physically than I originally thought. I still get crazy if chocolate chip cookies are in my path, but it's a guilty pleasure I enjoy.

I look forward to overwhelming myself with all the info here:)

Alison

woolina
Tue, Oct-28-03, 11:57
Welcome Alison, you will find all kinds of support and information here! Running is one of my goals, I haven't ran in years and want to get back down so that I can participate again!!
I have done the walks that go along with the runs, but want to run again someday!

NickFender
Tue, Oct-28-03, 13:55
Hi Alison -- you're right that there is a LOT of information available here, but it's a great place to find support and assistance. Welcome!