PDA

View Full Version : Another Question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tampa_girl
Tue, Oct-28-03, 08:01
:rolleyes: It seems like every day I have another question....I'm really glad this forum is here for the help. :p
To make my record keeping easier, I purchased a NutriCounter. Since beginning the Atkins diet, all I have kept track of are carbs (keeping below 20 on a daily basis :p ) Now they are asking for total calories, fat grams, sat. fat, cholesterol, sodium, sugar, fiber and protein as well....in order to track my consumption during the day. I've noticed some of you talking about percentages of fat, etc. Is there a formula I should use to determine the limits in these other areas?

Thanks for being there! :wiggle:

Ohio Kim
Tue, Oct-28-03, 08:06
Most people around here use fit day. www.myfitday.com (http://www.myfitday.com). If you put in your foods, it will automatically calculate all that information for you. It's really great.

tampa_girl
Tue, Oct-28-03, 08:13
Thanks Kim...I did check the site but they don't give guidelines for setting daily limits (unless I missed it).

woolina
Tue, Oct-28-03, 08:14
The other wonderful thing about fitday is that it is free!! I bought a program too, diet power, I paid way to much for it and now that I use fitday all the time, i never keep up with diet power!
The only thing about diet power that fitday doesnt have are the alerts. diet power puts up a little icon that says you are not drinking enough water. I like that part.

woolina
Tue, Oct-28-03, 08:18
when you log into fitday, if you go to the goals section, you can customize your goals there. I started out with a carb goal, and change it as I increase goals, but you can add as many custom goals as you need, like calories, fat, certain vitamins, and water intake.