PDA

View Full Version : Need help....I miss my gelatin-free stuff!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

watersidhe
Mon, Oct-27-03, 14:59
I admit it, I am a gummy-candy fiend. Before I started LCing I could get the vegan stuff, no problem... but that had massive carbs and I do not want to start eating gelatin again.

Other than making the choice between having my 'cake' or eating it.... does anyone have any suggestions/ recipe ideas? Thank you!

etoiles
Mon, Oct-27-03, 18:48
It is not gummy, but I have been making a gelatin free sugar free jello from agar agar powder and you could try to make the same, maybe reducing the water and upping the powder?

For the jello I use 2 C. boiling water, stir, while stirring, add 1 teaspoon agar agar powder. Stir boiling for 1 minute (you could try longer for more gummy??) pour into plastic container. Add da vinci syrup. Chill.