PDA

View Full Version : The Plan That Works

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

grecman
Mon, Oct-27-03, 06:04
Im new to this and Im trying to see what plan works the best or which plan is a good one to start with. Im looking to lose about 40lb and dont know where to begin. Please help.

hcomeau
Mon, Oct-27-03, 06:13
The first thing that I would advise is to purchase or borrow the Atkins book. Next, search the atkinscenter.com website for info and search this forum. I have learned a lot from this forum! It's very helpful with information and support.

I would advise you to educate yourself as much as possible and understand that Atkins is a lifestyle not a crash diet. If you go off Atkins and go back to regular eating you gain everything back. (I found out the hard way) The first few days of starting are the hardest your body goes through caffeine and sugar and carb withdrawls and you feel like you have the flu. After you get over that hump you will feel great and have a lot of natural energy-I promise!

Welcome and if you decide Atkins is right for you we look forward to your progress!

Paleoanth
Mon, Oct-27-03, 06:40
If you look to the right at the top under Quick Links, you will see an area called "Which low carb plan is right for me?" I would start there and look at the different plans. Since this is a lifestyle change, make sure you find something you can live with. That is really important.

LittleAnne
Mon, Oct-27-03, 06:56
I fully agree with the post above. Choose the plan that would suit your lifestyle best. Then go out and get the book and read it. Don't try to do it off the cuff, whilst it works for some you should be armed with all the information that you need.