PDA

View Full Version : i need help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

big_wayne
Wed, Aug-01-01, 09:05
can somebody help me...
i eat eggs for my meals and stek for supper.
can i eat pork? i eat bacon! is it true i can lose 5-11 lbs /wk?
can i stay on phse 1 for extendede periods.
my doctor says to workout and replace my carbs every 4 days with a high carb meal to replace glycogen levels. anybody else here this...

i need help what are the best things to eat to lose weight??
is this atkins diet safe to come off after a while? i am getting married in 24 days how much weight can i lose here??

i am desperatly wanting to lose approx 100 lbs, i am 6'0 tall and 273 lbs with a large frame i don't look obese , but i feel it please help!!!1

somebody help me please!!!

Karen
Wed, Aug-01-01, 12:55
Welcome to the Forum Wayne!

Low carb is safe and effective for regaining health and losing weight, but it's not a diet, it's a way of life. If you go back to your old eating habits, you will regain all the weight you lost because your old eating habits are what made you fat in the first place.

Everyones mileage is different with weight loss, but expecting to lose 5-11 pounds per week will set you up for disappointment. Low-carbing is not a one-size fits-all plan. There are basics to it, but you tend to personalize the basics with what works for you.

The way to get started is to get a copy of Protein Power and a copy of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and read them both. With low carbing, knowledge is power. Read the through the red bar at the top of the page for a general overview on low-carbing.

Karen

debbiedobson
Wed, Aug-01-01, 16:18
welcome aboard wayne! follow karen's advice and read the books! lowcarbing really becomes a way of life. it's a very healthy way to lose weight. as a man, you'll probably lose pretty quickly. my husband lost 3lb to every one of mine! also if you have a lot of weight to lose you'll lose faster. are you getting nervous yet? about the wedding?;)