PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

imbluetoo
Sat, Oct-25-03, 16:18
Hi all!
I started Atkins in September. I need to drop over 100 pounds and am really committed to doing so in the next year. My question is how much is too much? I have lost 31 pounds in 50 days. I feel pretty good and have slowly increased my carbs to about 40 a day. While I am thrilled with the weight loss I have not started phase 2 for me (the gym as yet) - as I wanted to drop at least 30 pounds prior as my joints were not feeling great. Is this type of loss normal? I have always lost easily on low fat diets but have never been able to stick with them. Thank God for Atkins - I have felt no desire to cheat (short of the occaisional cup of coffee) and it finally fits in well with my family (a husband and 2 small kids). What if any are the effects of losing too fast? Anyone know?
imbluetoo

Kristine
Sat, Oct-25-03, 17:22
Hi and welcome! :wave:

As long as you feel well, you're taking your supplements, and you're getting a good variety of food (and you probably are, at 40 g carbs per day)... I think you're fine. :thup: That's probably faster than average, but I guess you're not complaining. ;)

Good luck!

LittleAnne
Sun, Oct-26-03, 02:47
Hi Imblueto

Many congratulations on those 31 pounds gone. :yay: You are off to an excellent start, and as Kristine has said, if you feel well and are taking the supplements, then thats fine.

It seems that you have little insulin resistance which is why you are able to lose so fast. Don't knock it. I suspect that over the next few months your weight loss may slow a little, but just keep doing what you are doing. Glad to see you have upped your carbs to 40 a day, very sensible.

I wish you continued success.

stella j
Sun, Oct-26-03, 03:10
Wowzers. 31 lbs in 2 months! EXCELLENT JOB! Whats your menu like? If you dont mind me asking, what are you drinking? Any exercise?

FromVA
Sun, Oct-26-03, 19:06
I am really impressed with your weight loss. Did you see a doctor before you started? What does he/she say about how fast you are losing? I would certainly check in with your doctor if you haven't already. Please keep everyone up-to-date on your progress. Wish I could lose that fast :)