PDA

View Full Version : A low carb life

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Trine
Sat, Oct-25-03, 12:02
Hellow Everyone,

I just found your site.

I live in FL and I have been on Atkins for almost a year. For the first time in 50 years I know longer have problems with my weight, cravings and all problems associated with carb addictions. A lot to be really thankful for.

No matter how I tried with a low fat low calorie counting diet I could never stay with it as I was always hungry. :cry: In order to keep my weigh down I ate only 800 t0 900 calories and I felt and looked terrible and I always put the weight back on and consumed enormous amounts of cookies, ice cream candy ect. Now I can eat 1800 calories a day and I am never hungry. I walk 5 miles and do aerobics and weight training program 6 days a week. :yay:

Trine

Maurice
Sat, Oct-25-03, 15:03
Welcome Trine. I have only been on this WOL for 10 days, and like you believe that this is the way to go. Look forward to seeing more post from You.

Moe

Trine
Sat, Oct-25-03, 15:19
Hi Moe,
Thanks for your welcome. I know you will do very well with this way of life. I feel that many over fat people now have a good chance for a happy life if they will give low carb a chance.
Trine

J.J.
Sat, Oct-25-03, 15:35
Howdy!

Welcome aboard! Your stats are fantastic! I've been trying to get into the exercise mode but I can't seem to stay consistent! Any secrets???

Trine
Sun, Oct-26-03, 06:19
Hi JJ,
When I was over fat I walked about two miles a day to start with.

What kind of activities do you enjoy the most? Even if you cannot do them right now. I mean any type, sport ect. It is so important to enjoy what you are doing and have a goal of an active life style. Let me know what you are interested in.

Trine

serrelind
Sun, Oct-26-03, 06:23
Hi Trine! Your progress is inspirational to me. Glad you found this board :)

Trine
Sun, Oct-26-03, 06:55
Thank you serrelind. I am from NE back 20 years ago. I see you are just about at your goal. Congrats!

Trine

J.J.
Sun, Oct-26-03, 07:11
Hi Trine!

I'm a professional dog trainer so I get quite a bit of exercise doing that, but once I get home I just don't seem to be motivated. I use to be an aerobics instructor, in my younger days, but at 50 I'm just not motivated to hop around like I did then! LOL!

I have a Lifecyle/rider (can't remember the name) that I use a few times a day, but it just doesn't seem enough. Hubby and I walk around the neighborhood, but that's hit or miss depending on our work schedules.

Have a great weekend! It's raining, cold and damp in Ohio today!

Trine
Sun, Oct-26-03, 07:54
Dear J.J.

Sounds to me like you get plenty of walking, running ect. in your job. I wouldn't think you would need anymore of that kind of excersie. Sounds like a lot of fun though and nice animal friends to work with and talk to.

Have you ever thought about circuit training? You might find this very relaxing. This would be a "Variety of exercises performed and repeated 2 to 3 times during the workout. Circuit training is a musclesculpting program-it will not build bulky muscles. Used by athletes, it is adaptable to participants of all fitness levels because each individual determines the amount of resistance used based on his or her own ability" This is a quote from Gilads training program which I use.

At first I wondered if I could do this program. I also was an aerobic and calistenics instructor, but 20 years ago. [I am now 65]. I have been doing his program for 5 months now and I am thrilled. I feel even with careful low carb eating and I do watch caloric intake, I would never be in the shape I am in without Gilad.

We are having nice weather here in Fl, but we had a lot of rain this summer.

Have a nice day.
Trine

tampa_girl
Sun, Oct-26-03, 08:28
Welcome to the forum....while I'm also a new member, I find a lot of very useful information and help here. I hope I am as successful as you!

Trine
Sun, Oct-26-03, 09:51
Thank you tampa_girl. I am sure you will be successful.
At one time I lived over on the West coast of Fl..I joined Weight Watchers at 225. I did manage to lose 25 lbs. Well after that I went up to 240! Low carb is the only choice for me.

Trine

J.J.
Sun, Oct-26-03, 11:28
Thanks for the info, Trine! I'll look into that! I use to do weight lifting when I lived in California (Gold's Gym Program) and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Florida folks, eh?? I use to live in Odessa, Florida( just north of Tampa) off Gunn Highway if you know where that's at Tampagirl!!! I loved that area (everything except the lovebugs....yuk and gators...double yuk!) but had to move due to my husband's place of employment going Chapter 11! It was Silk Greenhouse/Warehouse...something like that!

Anyway, will talk to you both soon! Have a great week!!

Julie

Trine
Sun, Oct-26-03, 13:25
You have a good week too Julie.

Shirley