PDA

View Full Version : Fitday carb counter question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ssibtain
Fri, Oct-24-03, 21:41
I'm trying to get this to post under Newbie Fitday, but not sure if it'll work. I have a question about the carb counter on Fitday. I entered one cubic inch of natural cheddar cheese, and it returned a zero carb count. I thought Fitday was supposedly more accurate? Same with my mayo...entered two tablespoons, gave me a zero carb count. I thought fitday was supposed to make life easier!!!!!!!! It doesn't make sense if I have to go in and manually change values, does it? Help, confused! :confused:

LilaCotton
Fri, Oct-24-03, 22:30
Hi there! Actually, FitDay does this funky little way of figuring that's not always apparent to the naked eye. ;)

As an example, this morning I had 2 large eggs, 2 medium-sized mushrooms, and 2 ounces of monterey jack cheese. Now monterey jack has less than one gram of carb per ounce of cheese, so it actually has almost one carb for two ounces. Anyhow, after I had figured up my breakfast, my list of foods was showing only 2 carbs, but in the total area up at the top, it was showing 3 carbs, which was more accurate.

Hopefully that explanation is clearer than mud. ;)

ssibtain
Fri, Oct-24-03, 22:51
:yay:Thank you! So I should not worry, just pay attention to the counts above? Appreciate the help!!!!!!!

LilaCotton
Sat, Oct-25-03, 00:51
Generally speaking, that's what I do. FitDay will take even the smallest amount of carbs in something and add them together for the right totals, it seems. Also, make sure you deduct your fiber from your overall carbs to get your 'net' carbs.

Best of luck to you! :)

ssibtain
Sat, Oct-25-03, 02:58
Lila, you've been of great help with all your posts. You're definitely a wonderful asset to this wonderful forum!!!