PDA

View Full Version : New here....intro :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RobinBeBe
Fri, Oct-24-03, 20:01
Hi all

My name is Robin, and I just started PP yesterday. This is my first time low-carbing. I have been on various programs in the past, mainly WW, and lately, Body for Life/Body Rx. This WOE is taking me a bit to get used to.....I am having a hard time mentally getting used to being able to eat more fat, and not automatically going for the low-fat version. Plus getting used to counting my carbs!!!

I live in Suffolk, VA (southeast corner), I am 38yo, married with 2 girls, 9 and 13. I work currently in admin, and also am pursuing my Ph.D in Psychology. So I do keep busy!! That is one thing that attracted me to the LC lifestyle is that it is seems very easy fit into my nutty life, as I do eat out a lot, unfortunatly!!

I did have a few questions, but I posted them on the other newbie thread and the PP thread.

I look forward to getting involved with this forum!

Robin

LilaCotton
Fri, Oct-24-03, 20:34
Hi, Robin! It does take a little getting used to, doesn't it? We mostly do perimeter shopping (the edges of the store) now, but it seems like it still takes us a long time because we're always checking things for carbs, etc., to make the best food choices.

But I agree with you on the flexibility. I think it has a LOT more of that! What other diet would let me eat my beloved Superstar patty! LOL

jordy05
Sat, Oct-25-03, 21:48
hi Robin

I too have done the rounds weight watchers,,, jenny craig,,you name it I have been there,,, managed to lose about 10 pounds and got bored,,,,

I am amazed with myself on this diet,,,I have been able to stick to it,,, eat loads,,, not feel hungry but most of all I have not felt deprived (which is what I thought I would feel on this diet,,,I mean life style change,,,LOL)

IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN!

keep at it,,welcome to visit my journal and stay in touch,,

Rachael.............