PDA

View Full Version : carb-free virgin

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

utgibby
Fri, Oct-24-03, 12:13
Hello All! After lots of thinking and self realization, I have decided to jump on this low carb bandwagon. I am openly addicted to carbs b/c they taste so yummy!! But I realize that this is not healthy as my active lifestyle is beginning to slow down. I'm nervous about the first 2weeks, the induction stage, but am confident that everything should be easier after that. It has been very helpful reading everyone's comments and tips, I look forward to the resevoir of knowledge that is available for a newbie! I am looking forward to seeing my results in the coming weeks, and no doubt I will keep you posted! :wiggle: [FONT=Arial]

CindySue48
Fri, Oct-24-03, 18:12
Welcome!!!!

Induction can be hard....but you should feel a lot better after the first 4-5 days.

Please feel free to post any question, comments, concerns you might have!

LilaCotton
Fri, Oct-24-03, 19:14
Hiya! Yes, Induction can be a real bearcat, but after 3-5 days it does get a lot easier, and it seems even easier after finishing it. I know what you mean about carbs tasting so yummy, but I never even knew just how good real food could taste until low-carbing. :)

Welcome, and best of luck to you!

CindySue48
Fri, Oct-24-03, 19:33
Once I got thru the first 4 days I had few cravings.....except when I ate too many carbs.....it's worth it to just stay away from them!