PDA

View Full Version : I'm new.....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tampa_girl
Thu, Oct-23-03, 13:37
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=RoyalBlue]

Hi all - Brand new to this site and in the induction phase of Atkins. So far, so good but I still have many questions. I'm hoping for support, encouragement and answers by participating here.
First thing....I lost 5 lbs last week, so far nothing this week (into day 10); should I be concerned?
Next...I really miss my glass of wine in the evening. Have any of you had luck adding alcohol?

Thanks! :angel:

NickFender
Thu, Oct-23-03, 15:18
If you're sticking to the plan, don't worry about not seeing any loss in the second week; it will happen.

You can have a glass of wine occasionally, but wait until you're through with Induction. Wine is about 2-3g of carb per glass.

PurpleStix
Thu, Oct-23-03, 23:41
After two weeks induction you will know how resistant you are to weight loss. A chart in DANDR, Chapter 13 will let you know how you stack up. -4# / 2 wks is high resistance, -8# / 2 weeks is average. The less resistant you are, the less concerned you could be about a glass of wine.

Everyone needs a treat. I eat only two refined foods - ˝tsp sugar in my tea, and Ovaltine in ˝glass of milk before bed.

We have some fabulous Merlot and Bordeaux style meritage in my neck of the woods. Funny though, I work in viticultural research but I don't drink much wine: just at work sometimes ;)

tampa_girl
Fri, Oct-24-03, 05:33
I appreciate the support and the news; I'll enjoy that wine. The Meritage sounds like a winner!