PDA

View Full Version : how can this be?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dunka
Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:05
I am losing inches by the hour but no weight loss....ive never heard of a 220#woman in a size 6. So will the weight just suddenly vanish?

watersidhe
Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:13
Your body will basically fight with everything it has to hang on to the weight it is presently weighing... sad, but true. You are probably retaining a little bit (a lot?) of water and will more than likely have your 'whoosh' soon. Just don't do what I did a few weeks ago and blow it with a bunch of 'stallers' like cheese, nuts, and too many low-carb bars!

It's best not to go by the scale! It can be very addictive when you first start losing weight, and it is easy to become discouraged when the numbers don't seem to move for several days. As long as those inches keep dropping, you are doing absolutely GREAT!

Porcellino
Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:36
I have gone down a size and actually gained 3 pounds, which may be TOM. I had to stop weighing myself - I was getting obsessed. I now focus on how good I feel and how loose my clothes are getting. I figure one day I will step on the scale and get a pleasant surprise.

I also have been lifting very heavy weights, and I know muscle weighs more. The whole shape of my body is looking better than it did 2 months ago.

Natrushka
Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:47
I am losing inches by the hour but no weight loss....ive never heard of a 220#woman in a size 6. So will the weight just suddenly vanish? Ultimately, who cares! I'd happily be 220 lbs if I was wearing a size 6 - afterall how many people in your everyday life know what you weigh?

If it makes you feel any better, losing inches and losing lbs usually do not happen at the same time - it's one or the other.

Nat

stella j
Thu, Oct-23-03, 18:22
Are you really in a size 6? What in the world. Thats bizarre. Truly. I need to know. hehehe.

SeeMyself
Thu, Oct-23-03, 18:37
Hi Dunka,

That is so weird to hear what you are saying because the same thing is happening to ME. I am loosing weight slowly but the inches are coming off! I was told today that may "face" looks thinner :yay: and also a weird place, the back of my arms, (right above the elbow) is skinnier!!!! and the bottom of my thighs, (right above the knee) are thinner. Actually, this makes me more happy than that damn stubborn SCALE! :lol: Keep up the good work!!

mem2
Thu, Oct-23-03, 20:49
You're doing great. Keep it up. The weight will go!

PurpleStix
Thu, Oct-23-03, 21:12
It could be protein and calcium going to your bones. That could increase weight if you have been robbing your bones the last few years. If so, be happy and say goodbye to osteoporosis. If inches are dropping that means fat and or water are going. If your weight goes up while inches drop, that means bone and muscle are increasing, so :yay: :yay:

dunka
Fri, Oct-24-03, 10:19
I was being a smart ass about the size 6 ....my goal is a 16. Im still hovering around 220. I have no breasts dammit.......that was the only cool thing about being fat.

Jannie
Fri, Oct-24-03, 10:27
I had a similar experience inwhich various body parts shrank voluntarily--other people noticed my face, I personally noticed my hands-rings much bigger-and, believe it or not, my FEET actually shrank 1/2 size--and I only lost 30 lbs!

Nine Eyes
Fri, Oct-24-03, 11:18
Well, fat isn't very dense and takes up a lot more space wieght-for-weight than muscle does so you could be shrinking (losing fat) and your weight might drop only a little bit. If you're gaining muscle, even a little bit, you can lose a bunch of fat and end up weighing the same or more. That's what happened to me when I did Body For Life two years ago. I went from about 25% body fat to about 15% body fat, but I only lost 10lbs overall because I gained about 5lbs of muscle.