PDA

View Full Version : Is a little better than none at all?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kingb123
Thu, Oct-23-03, 10:43
Right now I'm living in Spain and will continue to do so until May. I have found it impossible to do Atkins well here because I am living with a family, and almost every night they serve a breaded dish. Is it worth it to me to try to limit my carb intake in all aspects, even if I may end up having 30-40 grams a day? I don't know what else I can do! Is it worth it to try to limit my carbs, even though I can't do induction well? I started Atkins over the summer and in 3 weeks lost 13 pounds. I haven't put on any weight here but I miss the good feeling Atkins gave me. THANKS!

m1whowaits
Thu, Oct-23-03, 10:51
Yes, continue limiting your carbs the best you can. Have you read the Atkins book? 30-40 grams a day is part of the later loss phases. Just because you can't eat exactly how you want is no reason to go whole hog with everything. If they bread a dish, don't eat extra bread on the side and get lots of veggies and hi fiber items. Good luck!!

ImHere
Thu, Oct-23-03, 10:58
kingb123
Actually there are a lot of LC programs that don't have such a low carb intake. Since you aren't gaining I'd say that 30-40 carbs a day is probably just fine for you. Are you losing any weight? Maybe at a slow rate? Did you know that you can usually eat more carbs if you are more active? 30-40g/carbs is probably just about where you should be if you were adding the 5g/day in OWL. I know that once before I was doing a different weight loss program and for the first couple of weeks they put me into ketosis at 50g of carbs per day and I lost weight at that level. Everyone is different though.

Good luck to you. Sorry that your situation makes if difficult for you do participate in your WOE the way that you'd like to. Sometimes things outside of our control happen. You are still doing Low Carb. Hang in there! :)

kingb123
Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:22
My problem is that for a month I went hog wild. AND I MEAN HOG! I din't gain weight though. Is it ok to go straight to OWL withough redoing induction?