PDA

View Full Version : Help please.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JOJORGEN
Thu, Oct-23-03, 10:40
After 7 weeks of induction I have slipped up. Pizza and burgers were calling me. I have cheated 3 days in a row. I need a push start back in the right direction.
Any advice?

cs_carver
Thu, Oct-23-03, 12:01
Getting back on the plan could feel as good as taking a shower on a sticky day. When I let the carbs get high, I feel pretty grody the next day. Gets me back on the wagon. Exercise can clear your mind a bit, too.

Are you really TASTING the burgers, or just wolfing them in response to some deprivation? A burger w/o a bun is pretty close to Atkins-legal anyway. Pizza's a bit harder because the tomato sauce has sugar in it most of the time.

Do you know what triggered the binge?

NickFender
Thu, Oct-23-03, 12:56
Ask yourself if you think you'll lose another 25 lbs. if you keep eating pizza, etc. Probably not, right? You are the only one who can put you back on the plan.

Good luck.

SusanW
Thu, Oct-23-03, 13:04
When I start to slip up I go and read the success stories (top of the page) or get a buddy to talk to.

JOJORGEN
Fri, Oct-24-03, 07:45
Back on track today. I let the stresses of life interfear with my woe. I thought that was the only control I had left. Those 46 puonds aren't going to come off by themself. Thanks for the encouragement.

Maurice
Fri, Oct-24-03, 08:13
Hey, JoJorgen, I think, I know the feeling. Yesterday, I was just tired of salad and fish etc, and just had to have Kentucky Fried Chicken. So off I went, and eat three large pieces, and a salad. did not have the fries or a coke or anything, but I know that the chicken has way to much batter, and likely put me over the carb limit for the day, with that meal alone. However, since I still had a salad and fish meal prepared, later in the day, I eat that meal also. Not surprisingly, my scale read 203 this morning instead of 201 (note to self, must change my profile weight!)

Anyway, I will get back on board today. Overall the scale is going in the right direction, just proved that I am not perfect, which I knew when I started. Anyway thanks for sharing, which let me get my over indulgence out of my head.

This is great forum and thanks to everyone who has provided such positive feedback and information.

dj88
Sat, Oct-25-03, 21:15
Have you tried the Deep dish pizza casserole? That has saved me from eating "real" pizza. I make it at least once a week. And my family - non-lowcarbers - love it too!

Good luck

Rhonda

JOJORGEN
Mon, Oct-27-03, 09:57
With all the stressors in my home right now it's been hard to stay in control of my woe. My hubby and I were facing seperation, and I felt like I was going to lose the world. We are going to give all of it another try. Yesterday back to no cheats for me. Today back on induction. I started Atkins in September, 8 weeks ago, 24 pounds ago. I can't go back now.

CalicoCat
Mon, Oct-27-03, 14:04
Did you think about starting a journal on the forum? It can really help to vent some stress and help you stay focus. Anyway, it works for me. :wiggle: