PDA

View Full Version : Frosted Flakes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ronatola
Thu, Oct-23-03, 09:11
Hi All - newbie here.
I have been in induction for 3 days and have lost 10 lbs. Started at 235lbs - VERY SURPRISED!
I have purchased Ketone frosted flakes not thinking ahead as to 'what will I use instead of milk?' Are there any suggestions. I have looked at SOY and they seem high in carbs as well.

carichie
Thu, Oct-23-03, 09:30
There is a sugar free soy milk that my husband absolutely loves. I don't have a carton here right now, so I'm unable to give you the name. But, I know it's out there, and we buy it at our local grocery store. Lower in carbs and flavored in vanilla (and cappucino for coffee!!). I believe it's sweetened with Splenda. There's also a plain unsweetened soy milk that I found at Trader Joes. But haven't tried it yet.

If you haven't found any of the soy milk, let me know and I'll get you the name and mfg.

My husband hasn't been able to give up his cereal in the morning. He enjoys a low carb granola (also found at local grocery store, but a little too high in carbs for me) a few mornings a week.

---Cathy

Ronatola
Thu, Oct-23-03, 09:48
Thx Cathy.
I would love for you to send me the details of that SOY milk.

Kristine
Thu, Oct-23-03, 09:54
Hi Ronatola. :wave: Remember to save that keto cereal until after induction. That, plus the soy milk, will be relatively high in carbs. The cereal contains sugar alcohols. The majority of your current 20 g limit should be coming from veggies, plus a few coming from cream, cheese, salad dressings, etc. They add up fast. Plus, much of the purpose of induction is to break your cravings for such sweet foods.

As for what to put on them... *cream*! :yum: It sounds weird, but it's good and it's lower in carbs than any soy milk I've seen. If you think it's too thick, water it down a tad.

For more details on why sugar alcohols should be avoided during induction (and beyond...) check the "Truth About Low Carb Sweeteners" link to the right under "Quick Links".

Good luck! :thup: You're off to a hot start!

MaryToU
Thu, Oct-23-03, 10:40
Here you go ->

Westsoy Unsweetened vanilla soymilk 1 net carb per 8ozs. Total carbs being 5, taking away the fiber which is 4grams. Giving you the net count of 1gram!

BelmontLil
Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:01
Hood now has Carb countdown milk

Here is the web page:

http://www.hphood.com/products/products.list.Mk.asp

yep - they even have low carb choc milk