PDA

View Full Version : help.........serious leg cramps

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dunka
Thu, Oct-23-03, 08:13
Im presently stalled......but i am losing inches and my keto-stix are pink,
......i seem to be getting painful leg cramps, and I am not sleeping well.
any advice?........Dunka

SarahWeb
Thu, Oct-23-03, 08:41
hi Dunka - try using the forum search for leg cramps - as its quite common - and adding some potassium into your diet should help immediatly.

The search shoudl bring up amounts etc - either that check the Atkin book as I am sure if gives you requierd amounts in there?

Hope it gets better well done on weight and inch lose

Sarah

Dstar96920
Thu, Oct-23-03, 08:45
You actually need calcium and MAGNESIUM supplements. You can get these together in on capsule. There are a lot of posts regarding this, even one from me with the same question from about 5 months ago! :)
I started the vitamins early am, and by that night, my cramps were gone!!!!!!
Take Care!

Natrushka
Thu, Oct-23-03, 08:49
Dunka, you'll also want to add some magnesium and calcium to your supplement regimen as well as the potassium. W/o magnesium the calcium and the potassium will not work properly. You want to be sure that when you add potassium you are well hydrated, as well. If you're on any meds for your BP or your heart you should check with your doctor before supplementing with potassium as it can interfere with medication.

Here's some info on what to take, what it will do, and when /how much to take:

Cal/Mag and potassium (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=1353237&highlight=magnesium+calcium+potassium#post1353237)

Nat