PDA

View Full Version : Can you lose too quickly?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

slpmom
Wed, Oct-22-03, 12:16
Hi there!
I have been on this diet for a little over three months now. Over the past two weeks my rate of weight loss has increased from two and 1/2 pounds a week to closer to 4 pounds a week.

I am in this for the long haul and am concerned that that rate may be a bit too fast to be healthy. My exercise has remained constant (3-4 times a week cardio) as has my caloric intake.

Am I ok, or do I need to up the carbs a bit? I remain at 20-25 carbs a day and am comfortable at this level with no real cravings or other problems. I would appreciate any opinions. Thanks, Lisa

amiee3377
Wed, Oct-22-03, 12:18
A lot of people would love to be in your shoes. I wouldn't worry about it right now. When you reach the 190's then you may want to up the carbs but if I were you I would hit goal first.

Kristine
Wed, Oct-22-03, 17:51
Hi Lisa. :wave: Can I rub your head? :lol:

As long as you feel well, you're taking your supplements, and you're getting a good variety of foods, I wouldn't worry about it. :thup: I'd recommend keeping it closer to 25, just so you're getting more variety. Eat some berries and other slightly higher carb fruit and veggies, if you aren't already.

Send the woosh fairie our way when you're done with her! :D

Quest
Thu, Oct-23-03, 12:48
LIsa, that's an amazing rate of loss. Just be sure you are eating enough calories and not feeling hungry. I know that when my loss is going well I'm tempted to eat less to keep things going and I know that in the long run that will backfire: either I will get so hungry I'll cheat, or my metabolism will slow down.

slpmom
Thu, Oct-23-03, 20:42
I am eating approx 1800 to 2000 calories a day and I am taking my vitamins. Not feeling hungry and I am drinking LOTS of water. You are right, the loss will probably slow soon and I'll wish for it back. Thanks for your comments, they made me feel better!

BeccaResRN
Thu, Oct-23-03, 23:13
Yes I trhink you should just ride it out and enjoy seeing thsoe number speed down. It seemed to me that at certain weights I lost slowly and at othertimes it seemed to come off quite easily.