PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I'm Dana

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

danaladyx3
Wed, Oct-22-03, 09:49
Hi! i'm Dana and I'm 32 I have always tried a number of diets and they would work for awhile and then its like they stop or it's me losing the get up to keep going.I was on a high protien diet getting those nasty b-12 shots once a week an I lost 40lbs I felt great well my 2yr daughter had hip surgury and everything went down from there.I gained back what I lost + more.Now I'm at the heaviest I have ever weight and I look and feel bad.So I'm hoping starting this will help It's always nice when your going through it together with other people because you know your not alone. :cry:

Seraphics
Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:07
Dana-

This is my first cheat free day yet. I'm not going to let myself off today. It's hard at first, trust me I know I'm right here with you. I'm 21, 5'10" and weigh 214 lbs. That may not sound like a lot but i have a definite stomach, and I feel awful. My cravings are pretty bad, but I'm keeping them under control today. The only tip I have that I'm doing today is to make yourself feel good looking. I am dressed up today, and I shaved, and I'm gonna try and make time to get my hair trimmed too. I've looked at myself today and said "You look pretty good today." But all I can think is how much better I can look if I take off the weight. I can do it, and I know that you can do. If you need a shoulder or anything, I'm more than willing to listen. Congratulations, and best of willpower, because it has NOTHING to do with luck

-Seraphics

danaladyx3
Wed, Oct-22-03, 11:54
Seraphics-
Thank you for your reply.So far I'm doing great as of cheating yes you are right it is very hard!!!!It is nice to know that there is someone out there to go through it with.Good Luck an Congrats to you to! Dana,

LilaCotton
Wed, Oct-22-03, 12:01
Hi, Dana and welcome! If you go about this the right way you can't help but to succeed. :) Also, keep in mind that one of the beautiful things about this way of eating (WOE) is that within 3-5 days after starting Induction, you will start feeling like an entirely new person! That feeling of well-being is what keeps me going on this because so far my fat is stubborn! LOL

The first few days of Induction make you feel like a piece of warmed over cow manure, I can guarantee that. But once you get past it, it's just great! So, for the time being, don't think about how 'bad' you may look, just think about how good you're going to feel and eventually you WILL look much better, too. :)

Gooberb
Wed, Oct-22-03, 12:15
Hi Dana.....welcome to this WOL, and to this message board. There are alot of good people here that will support you and give great advice. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Best wishes

Bonnie

danaladyx3
Wed, Oct-22-03, 14:38
I want to Thank all of you for all your surpport! It is much needed.And if any of you need a pick me up just give a yell!!!! :thup:
Dana,