PDA

View Full Version : After Induction?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dolphinblu
Tue, Oct-21-03, 11:20
OK...I completed 2 weeks of induction on Sunday. Today is Tuesday and I have gained 2 pounds back. I added 5g carbs to my diet. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? I'm a little confused :confused: ...does that mean I should stay in induction for a while longer?

My ketostix had been reading in the moderate color. Now it says a trace... but even if it says a trace, I should still be in ketosis. I don't know...

I went from "WHOO HOO!" to "Aww Man!?!"

What should I do?

MaryToU
Tue, Oct-21-03, 11:41
Try not to worry about it, I am sure that two pounds is water weight. For a lot of people (just so you know) the scale stops moveing after two to three weeks and you body trys to catch up with the sudden weight loss. A lot of people find that they lose inches during this time. But the scale does not seem to move. The fun come back when the scale catches up to the inches lost.

Kathy54
Tue, Oct-21-03, 23:18
Yep just stay at that level for a while. It will work out.
Cheers Kathy

ImHere
Wed, Oct-22-03, 08:51
I actually gained 3 lbs during week 3. When I had someone look at my fitday it was discovered that I had eaten a lot of a food that had sodium added. You didn't mention if you had added any new foods. I eliminated the food and by the end of the week I was only up by 1/2lb. Have you checked to see that you aren't overdoing the sodium?

Also, a lot of people have a slow down or even a total stop in weight loss around the 3rd-5th weeks as their body readjusts to the weight loss.

Hang in there. It can't be all dramatic weight loss each week. My weight loss on a graph looks like a city scape with ups and downs during the week. Its normal to have ups and downs, especially after the initial 2 weeks induction. You're doing great!

dolphinblu
Wed, Oct-22-03, 15:12
Thanks for your encouragement! :) Yes, actually I have had some foods with sodium. I have been snacking on green olives. It said in the book that I could, but maybe I should cut down. Olives are loaded in sodium. Plus I added real bacon bits to my salads. Hmmm... trying to think of more, but oh well. Glad to hear that it's all normal. Thank you! :) :) :)

ImHere
Wed, Oct-22-03, 20:10
Make sure you drink lots and lots of water especially on days when you're snacking on or eating high sodium foods :)