PDA

View Full Version : pecan flour

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

1hobbit
Tue, Oct-21-03, 11:08
HELP!!!
I checked at a store close to me, and could not find almond flour. I did find pecan flour or meal as they called it. Has anyone used this for baking, instead of the almond flour. I think I remember reading somewhere in here that someone mentioned pecan flour. Anyway I bought some, so I hope it will work. The store said they were trying to get the almond flour in larger quanity so they could sell it by bulk cheaper. Until then I am hoping to use the pecan flour. I saw some of the wheat gluten there also, but didn't know what it was for. I am a real dummy when it comes to this stuff.

Debi Warne
Tue, Oct-21-03, 12:35
almond flour is simply ground almonds. You can purchase a coffee grinder for around $10, buy almonds and then pulse them until they are the consistency you want.

Some recipes will call for wheat gluten, I rarely use it. But I do use the almonds to "bread" things before frying, chicken especially, I use a blend of ground almonds and parmesan cheese -- really yummy.

NickFender
Tue, Oct-21-03, 18:08
you can grind almonds in a food processor or blender, too.