PDA

View Full Version : confusion bout the carbs!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pawfect200
Tue, Oct-21-03, 11:00
I am really new to this board but am now thinking after lots a reading that maybe the reason that I am not losing weight is I dont think I am eating enough carbs! I am really confused cuz when I eat or consume more I dont seem to be in ketosis...I am eating veggies but I am only gettin bout 10 net carbs a day..does it matter where your carbs come from as long as you get 20?

MissMissy
Tue, Oct-21-03, 20:22
Welcome to the boards! And congratulations on your weight loss so far!

It is important to try and get as close to 20 carbs a day - and it does matter where they come from. Pull out your "approved foods list" from the Atkins book (if you don't have it, please go buy it) and stick to the list. I found it really easy to stick to the portions they say in there ...

follow the portions for amounts of veggies and cheese, olives, etc., and then *also* count the # of carbs you are eating in those portions, as well as carbs in eggs. Don't forget to eat meat... and stick to REAL butter (not margarine) and get rid of any "low-fat" salad dressings or mayonnaise in your fridge.

Good luck and hang in there - oh and don't forget to drink lots of water every day and take vitamins!