PDA

View Full Version : Simple, TASTY Broccoli

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KimD66
Tue, Oct-21-03, 09:12
I cannot take credit for this receipt - Rachael Ray from the Food Network prepared this last week:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/broccoli-with-garlic-and-asiago-recipe/index.html

2 bunches Fresh Broccoli - Cut the bottom tips off, but leave a lot of the stem. Cut into chunky strips, lengthwise.

Steam in a fry pan w/about 1/2" water on the bottom over low heat.

When it is tender, dump it all in a colander.

Pour enough Extra Virgin Olive Oil back in the fry pan to act as a "dressing" for the steamed broccoli.

Put around 5 cloves of fresh, chopped garlic in with the olive oil. Turn up the heat to medium-high and cook for a little while - til the garlic flavor is in the oil.

Add your broccoli back to the heated oil/garlic "dressing". Coat your broccoli well.

Heat broccoli back up and then take off the heat.

Grate some Asiago cheese over the top. (I bought the wrong cheese! I used Romano). It gave a nice nutty flavor.