PDA

View Full Version : Is 1% milk allowed in induction??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jenni3247
Mon, Oct-20-03, 20:38
I am just starting induction and I LOVE milk.
I understand that one is allowed a certain number of carbs a day...
can milk be some of those??
That will be the hardest thing for me to do without.
From what things do you all get your allowable carbs each day?

LilaCotton
Mon, Oct-20-03, 21:04
Hi, Jenni and welcome! If you're going to try to do Atkins, I highly recommend that you get The New Diet Revolution and read it from cover to cover to understand the whys and what-fors of what foods to eat and not to eat. You can also visit http://www.atkinscenter.com for some great information. :)

Rosebud
Mon, Oct-20-03, 23:07
Hi Jenni,

The short answer is no, milk of any sort is not allowed on Induction.

The long answer is that it is obvious from your question that you have done no reading on this WOE (way of eating). Low carbing is much more than just another "diet." You really need to do some reading before you start. As Lila says, do buy yourself a copy of Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution. You'll find there not only lists of what you can eat, but also a lot of other information vital to eating this way. :)

All the best!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

jenni3247
Tue, Oct-21-03, 07:30
I have the book and have just begun to read it.
I will finish it and take it all in before I ask anymore questions.
Thanks