PDA

View Full Version : Atkins bars during induction?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

robryder
Mon, Oct-20-03, 15:05
I'm in third day of induction. I was looking at the Atkins bars and shakes and noticed they are pretty high in carbs. Are these a no-no during induction, or will a small taste be ok?

Thanks,
Rob

Lisa N
Mon, Oct-20-03, 15:11
I wouldn't recommend the bars during induction. I know that a lot of them say 3 net carbs, but many people react to them as if they had eaten the full carb count. It's only two weeks...save trying the bars until after you complete induction. :)

hcomeau
Tue, Oct-21-03, 05:31
Don't eat the bars they are the devil! To have a clean induction with no chemicals I strongly advise you not to eat them. The bars have sugar alcohols in them (malitol, lactitol etc...) and can have terrible side effects. Some people are really sensitive to them. Bottom line is they will send you to the bathroom and make you feel awful! It's not worth it.

The "net" carbs or "impact" carbs effect everyone blood sugar differently. So it if it says 2 net carbs on the label it may be impacting you differently. There is no way to figure out how many carbs to count.

I tried these last in June after losing 2 sizes and inches and doing great with Atkins. Slowly I began to eat more bars, cut out meals and eventually the bars had me craving sugar and processed foods. They ruined me and I am now starting over again for the second time in my life and the last! I gained back all of the weight and then some!

Don't eat the bars or anything with sugar alcohols in them! Good Luck and welcome!

joanne42
Tue, Oct-21-03, 07:02
The bars are a nono during induction.. You must follow exactly what Dr. Atkins tells you.. Besides you want to try and get rid of sweet tasting things the first few weeks of Lcing so your body gets used to it.. After a while you'll find you don't even crave it.. Only thing i crave is CAULIFLOWER>> lol