PDA

View Full Version : weight loss for those who have fewer lbs. to loose

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

grandma
Sun, Oct-19-03, 15:54
Hi Again,

I've decided to try AAD again after trying sugar busters and failing. I only have 20 lbs. to lose and nothing seems to do the trick. Seems like those who really loose on this plan are over 200 lbs. Are there any of you who have been only 20 lbs. overweight and have been able to lose that 20 on CAD and if so, do you have any tips for this problem?

Thanks,
Grandma

BeccaResRN
Mon, Oct-20-03, 10:49
Well i started CAD with only 10 pounds to my original goal then lost 10 more pounds. my only sugesstion is to re reda the book you know that really helped me for soem reason myabe just to get me extra motivated. and follow the plan and you should do great. be sure and maintain good balence at your reward meals. and your CM's should just be simple read the book they sugesst 3-4 ounces of protien at CM's...just enough to keep you from being hungry until next RM.

Jalera2003
Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:57
I started CAD wanting to lose about 35 lbs. I have lost 30 of them. My weight loss may have been slower than that of those with more to lose, but I believe that would have been the case on most any diet.

slimmerme
Tue, Oct-21-03, 09:30
Hi, I started CAD 8 weeks ago and have had a steady loss. Seems like things have slowed down the last week but I figured that would happen. I have been very happy and feel so much better. Even if it takes me 6 months to get the last 12 lbs. off I know this is the plan for me. Susan

bluedelfin
Tue, Oct-21-03, 20:22
I weighed about 154 when I started CAD. I have tried atkins before, and never lost any weight. My friend and I did it together and she weighed 230, and lost weight. I didn't, and I followed it perfectly. I tried CAD, never lost any weight. Got the book, and did everything right. I tried Schwarzbein and gained weight. By the way, when I say I tried it, I'm not just talking about a couple of weeks, but a couple of months at least on each program. And after reading each book I was so sold and so enthusiastic about it, I would preach these programs to all my friends and I felt so enlightened. When they didn't work I was crushed. Tried everything. lowering sodium, checking for hidden carbs, lowering my carbs, upping my carbs, no nitrates etc etc. Never lost anything, and I felt like such a failure, especially since my friend lost weight. I became obsessed with food.
I tried something I had tried before. Lowering my calories. But this time I did something different. I try to keep my carbs down, meaning I don't eat sugar or white bread, I try to eat several times a day so that I'm not hungry. I try to stay around 1200 calories a day. I eat lots of veggies and low carb bread with sliced turkey breast, some fruit, ets etc basically I am eating right for the first time in my life, and I am no longer obsessed with food. I stepped on the scale after the first week. 3 pounds down. thought it was water weight. next week, two pounds down. I don't work out. I now weigh 136, and I will try to get down to 125. best thing is it's effortless, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on something. If I want some cookies, I have them, and just try to be good for the rest of the day. I am so happy that I finally am losing weight. I know these plans work for a lot of people, but they never worked for me. Anyway, best of luck to you, and to everybody else. I believe that all of our bodies are different, and sometimes we have to look inside ourselves and realize what we are all about, and work out a plan that works for you.

ozziesgirl
Wed, Oct-22-03, 14:17
Why did the Heller's tailor their book specifically to those over 40? Will it work for me too? (23)

Zuleikaa
Wed, Oct-22-03, 16:40
Sure it will. The CALP book is for those over 40. It will work on anyone under that age too, it's just that the over 40 crowd needed some added strategies. Their first book, CAD is for those under 40.