PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when things keep coming at you?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LovableLC
Sat, Oct-18-03, 15:43
Since the beginning of this year I've been going through a lot. To start with my 2 year relationship with my boyfriend ended out of nowhere. I have depression and 2 types of anxiety along with anxiety attacks. I watched my grandfather go through a horrible bout of cancer then die unexpectedly(we knew but not that soon). A couple weeks before he died my brother was sent away and I am only allowed to see him every 4 to 6 weeks(he was my best friend cant go into details for safety reasons). Sometimes I don't go see him because I can't handle leaving him. I fell in love with someone very hard and he has left. This really got to me hard. Now I find out my other brother may have cancer. These things just keep coming at me nonstop. How do I get through this? I'm already on medicine but every few days I just break down. I'm still making myself go to school and maintaing grades, so I'm ok with that. When I break down I just sit or lay there crying hysterically for hours and can't stop. Sometimes to the point where I have trouble breathing and a horrible headache after and my eyes burn really bad. Then I can deal for a few more days, then it happens again. Does anyone relate to this?

stella j
Sat, Oct-18-03, 16:04
Dear Abby. hi this is Stella J. I dont know why i was attracted to your
profile; but I was and I started reading all of your threads. I just want
you to know if you need anybody to talk to I am here & always online.
So sorry to hear about all of those family and personal crisis's going on.
Whata mess. How old are you? I am 27, and attend the university of
north florida here in jacksonville florida. I am not an expert, but I would
say just take it step by step and day by day. It is ok to cry. But you're
starting to get headaches from it; so maybe try getting out of the house.
Don't ruin your diet over these sorrows, because you will only slump into
deeper depression and be unhappy w/ yourself. Trust me I KNOW. I do it all
the time. I avoid my troubles and have addictions to thank and hate for my
pain staying concealed, in which I am working on now. You will grow stronger
time takes its toll and lessens the pain of the tragedies in your life. I need a
buddy here; so if you want to be mine, thumbs up!

stella j
Sat, Oct-18-03, 16:05
oh ps.. Abby,, what about that boyfriend? 2 years? Damn. You can tell me about that if you woudl like to talk about it.

watersidhe
Sun, Oct-19-03, 18:53
Please, please LoveableLC.... talk to your doctor and let him/her know, no holds barred, exactly how overwhelming your life seems to you right now. No one should left alone to be crying for hours on end. That is just way too much pain to deal with, especially for a student who needs all the support she can get. :( If that is too much, get a hold of a friend or family member to do it for you. At this stage, I think that you really do need to talk to someone.
Let me tell you a couple of things about myself, okay? I am 20 (how old are you, BTW?) and have been living at home most of my life, pretty much raised just by my mom. Life kinda sucked for me right from the start, and I was on anti-depressants by the time I was eight years old. School was always a struggle for me, and I ended up dropping out my freshman year of high-school. Naturally, I always had a weight problem; but the day after after I turned 18 I broke up with MY boyfriend (who was also a very sweet individual, it was just that he couldn't handle my depression anymore.) Anyway, I basically decided to just give up, shrivel up into a ball, and wait for a time when I could die.
A few months went by, and then I got introduced to Justin. You know the type....? Funny, tall, dark, smart, incredibly handsome and &$%#ed-well knows it? I fell for him instantly, even though I though for sure that my heart was dead. As it turns out, he didn't reciprocate the feelings. We do, however, have a wonderful friendship that I know I will cherish the rest of my life. :) He talked me into going back to school, and, well.... I guess the point I am trying to make is that even if you think you will never feel better, life can still turn around and totally surprise you. The ups and downs can be hard to manage unless you have a different perspective point or two, and....please do not feel offended by this... I would recommed counseling if you are not all ready involved with it. Group therapy did wonders for me. :yay:
Anyway, though, I am totally here if you would ever like to talk... just send me a PM, and I will answer ASAP.

Oh, yeah... Congratulations with your weight loss! All that stuff happening in your life, and you are still down 21 pounds? Wow, LLC! That is absolutely amazing.

KristiTalm
Wed, Oct-22-03, 09:34
Abby,

That sucks sweetie. Too much on your plate!!!

Your symptons are classic depression. I get like that for short periods of time. Usually right before TOM, if, I've had too much to drink and Hubby is treating me like garbage at the same time. Then I just give up and start crying.

It IS GETTING BETTER!!! And, there is only one thing that is going to do it. Time and learning/getting to know yourself. When you lose a loved one (which I'm a big wimp as you see and I'm still married to the megaputz. LOL) You just need time to heal and good friends and family to share your feelings with. Posting up here is a pretty safe place too. It helps a lot to talk about your feelings and find people who can relate to you.

As for your brother, I won't ask for details, but I have a couple ideas. I'm sure he needs that visit from you. Is it possible to write more often? Sorry sweetie. I can see how much it is hurting you.

I'm here if you ever need to talk.

Hugs,
Kristi

amiee3377
Wed, Oct-22-03, 09:41
Abby if you believe in God I would suggest you and your family pray and fast for your situation to turn around. As for your boyfriend well I was with my boyfriend for 8 years he broke up with me after giving me a necklace that was worth $4,000. I don't understand why he did this but I'm not worrying about it. I've turned it over to God. This happened in August since then he has called me and he is even sending me his laptop. Let go and let God fix it for you.

KristiTalm
Wed, Oct-22-03, 19:38
Abby if you believe in God I would suggest you and your family pray and fast for your situation to turn around.
Hey, I'm all for the praying, but girl, YOU HAVE TO EAT!!! I'm not starving over any fool guys!!! FEED ME! LOL.

Really, too, you are diabetic, so lets not be silly here.

GIANT HUGS. LMAO.

Kristi

watersidhe
Thu, Oct-23-03, 13:40
I agree, prayer is great but fasting should not happen!

Aimee, it sounds like your ex gave you some pretty expensive gifts.... I know you were pretty serious at the time, but are you sure he got them legally? Just a little concerned ...

gawdess
Wed, Nov-05-03, 07:29
Fasting is ok...just not 100% ...some people pick just one thing to give up like ice cream....Im not Christian but I think they do that. Hang in there....understand that everything in life happens for a reason and you never know what good things are in store for you around the next corner. Ive been going through similar things myself and its not easy. Just stay strong, you will make it!