PDA

View Full Version : Hi =) New here.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LadyEowyn
Fri, Oct-17-03, 21:48
Well here I am. A week into Atkins, doing induction phase. Well it seems to be going allright so far, thought definitly frustrating, being that i was a 5 cans of Mt Dew a day to stay awake kinda person all through college. Stopping cold is tough =(

Oh well. Its worth it. In the long run (At least thats what I keep telling myself =P) I Dont think my taste buds & cravings are agreeing quite yet with my logical reasoning hehe.

So.. enough about boring 'ol me. How is everyone today =)

CindySue48
Sat, Oct-18-03, 00:10
You should be starting to feel better soon. Caffeine and Carbs together can be a painful withdrawal! :cry:

But! 10 pounds in a week? that's great!

:cheer: :yay: :clap: :cheer: :clap: :yay: :cheer:

LilaCotton
Sat, Oct-18-03, 00:17
Woah, what a start! You're doing so well, just remember that. :)

Maurice
Sat, Oct-18-03, 00:29
Hello Lady. Well I too have just started (yesterday), and have just quit eating what I know to be carbs, potatos, rice, bread, pasta and have also quit pop, which was not a big one for me. Still drink tea. Anyway, based upon what I have seen on the forum so far, I guess I need to buy one of the books just to understand the phases and language of this diet. Anyway, at least the forum does let you know that other are working towards a common goal. I look forward to you inspiration. Best of luck.

Maurice

LadyEowyn
Sat, Oct-18-03, 11:11
Progress is good so far. while i realize most likely a good portion of the wieght loss is water loss so far, anything that makes the scale read less is a morale booster overall hehe.

CindySue48
Sat, Oct-18-03, 11:41
Weight loss from water is good! At least with LC you're not loosing muscle mass!

Keep up the good work!