PDA

View Full Version : New Here - Down 10 Lbs First Week

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LYNNSUE
Fri, Oct-17-03, 18:28
I am new to the forum but not to Atkins, I tried Atkins in 1974 when I needed to lose 15 lbs fast to join the Navy. It worked them and over the years I have lost weight a lot of different ways but I always came
back to Atkins when I was serious about doing it.

On 09/15/2003 I was watching Dr. Phil during his weigh loss program and one thing he said stuff with me. A Year from now your weight will be higher or lower but it will not stay the same.

It took me a month of trying to do it with a Low fat high fiber plan before I went back to Atkins.

My weight on 10/11/2003 when I started was 234.

Today in my weekly weigh with my weight club at work it was down to

When people ask how you do it I didn't want to tell them because they
frown on Atkins and are pro WW.

I think this great start will help to keep me motivated so that I will not
be larger a year from now.

I am hoping to be at 159 by 09/15/2004 but I realize it took me
47 years to get here so it may take longer to get it off.

katticus
Fri, Oct-17-03, 18:49
WOW LYNNSUE, congratulations on such great success!!!

Go ahead and tell 'em it's Atkins, when they see the amazing weight loss they'll be forced to change their tune!!! Sometimes I am tempted to have little pro-Atkins tracts made that dispell all the myths that I can hand out to the doomsayers ("You'll destroy your kidneys!! Ketosis will eat your brain away!!! aaargh!")

Dr. Phil seems to be a hot topic on this forum of late :)

Well done on your fantastic effort... what have you done in your first week to have such a great result??? Just induction, or have you been exercising a lot?

Katt :)

LilaCotton
Sat, Oct-18-03, 00:33
Woah! You're doing super!

One thing I've found I am absolutely loving with this WOL is that everything is so much better! I feel better, my clothes fit better (if at all! LOL), and my food even tastes better!

LYNNSUE
Sat, Oct-18-03, 05:14
I did no formal exercise but I did walk for 1/2 hour on two of the days.

I plan to add more exercise this week and walk 1/2 hour each day at lucnh.