PDA

View Full Version : Country Gal--No Frills here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sexee_babe
Fri, Oct-17-03, 10:00
I liive in the sticks and I can't get things like Keto shakes and atkins bars, so I stick with good old natural foods and just small grocery store items.
I don't have access to all the goodies...low budget foods....lots of veggies and meats....cheese.......I need to find a good diet drink...sick of water, I sometimes drink crystall lite...or diet caffiene free coke. But I have found some really great recipes that keep me interested...I love to experiement with foods...and I love turnips with sour cream keeps my potatoe cravings under par. I am going to make some cabbage rolls this weekend. mmmmmmmm love them, my mom makes tthem every xmas---all I have to do is omit the rice. Also Hamburger soup is a gret source....very tasty. My start date was Sept 15---33rd day. I am not sure if I lost or gained but clothes are roomy now....I think inches are coming off. I didn't even weigh myself when I started to be sure....I range between 199-204...I am going to add some moose meat in my menu soon...lotsa moose here in good old Northern Canada!! :wiggle:

My goal is to lose 50lbs

[FONT=Arial]

CindySue48
Fri, Oct-17-03, 10:29
Doing great so far sexee!

Keep it up!

any maybe post some moose recipies.....I don't think we can get it here in NC, but some of your fellow canadians might be interested.

I'd love to hear your cabbage rolls recipe, and your one for hamburger soup too!

becky160
Fri, Oct-17-03, 14:25
Hi there sexee_babe!! :wiggle:

Don`t worry about not getting the LC indulges. Here in Spain we do not have them neither. You are doing pretty good by sticking to the "natural" foods.

Hope to see you around. If you need any advice, support or just some encouragement, please stop by my journal.

take Care, and see you around! :yay:

sexee_babe
Sun, Oct-19-03, 20:22
Thanks For the encouragment!! :o)

texasshari
Sun, Oct-19-03, 20:57
Hi sexee! I live in the country also! I have to drive at least 50 miles to get a larger chain grocer or health food store. I could order some things online; but the shipping costs are so expensive!! We don't have moose here; but, we have lots and lots of venison! Maybe moose can be substituted for venison? Might be worth experimenting , huh??

Sounds like you are off to a good start!!

Good luck!

Shari

stella j
Mon, Oct-20-03, 17:21
Hey sexee babe again. Stella here. Wow I'd love to hear your cabbage rolls recipe too. Sounds good.
And i've never heard of moose. What does it taste like and can you get it ~ the grocery store? Or a
special meat store? I can't wait to try that!!
Good stuff. I didnt weigh myself either. I felt too depressed. This is my 14th day. I hope I will just be
able to feel it sloughing off of me. hehe.

Kathy54
Mon, Oct-20-03, 23:38
Well I live where I can get lots of the Low carb stuff, But I refuse to buy it, LOL, over priced, over rated, and hey I want to live like this for the rest of my life, so why would I want to tie myself to diet foods???? You'll do just fine with lots of veggies, and good protein, good fats like butter olive oil, dairy ect. I reached my goal without any of that *^%^^(*~#, you get my drift?
So enjoy all those good foods.

Cheers Kathy

stella j
Mon, Oct-20-03, 23:52
Congrats Kathy on all your progress. You are even BELOW your goal!! Maaaaan. I really hope this works for me. I am 13th day now and can't wait to see results. Do you work out? I havent had the energy yet. I worked out before I started this diet, hiking and walking etc. But just curious if you do too?

sexee_babe
Wed, Oct-22-03, 07:22
You have to hunt moose---it is illegal to sell.

I weighed in this morning from 204---now 200 on the button.. Wooshie came within 3 days. Happy Happy Happy!! And to make things better I am PMS!!!

Moose is awesome, better than cow beef....lean and full of nutrients.....a great source of iron. Hardly an fat.

When marinated u cannot tell the difference between cow and moose....but moose melts in your mouth....so good!

sexee_babe
Wed, Oct-22-03, 07:24
1 More thing---I think I found out what was stalling my weight loss....I have been using aspartame sweetener....broke down and bought SPLENDA.....3 days ago....since I have started using that....lbs r melting off.

WOW.....I didn't know such a little thing would make such a big difference.

CindySue48
Wed, Oct-22-03, 07:48
That's great sexee!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

stella j
Wed, Oct-22-03, 14:23
Grr. I was just thinking that about the aspartame. I started to up my intake of diet sodas.. when i started it was just one a day. I really need to focus and XXXX that stuff out of my life; because I think you are right. Its a staller.

blueflyer
Thu, Oct-23-03, 19:18
CindySue,

How do you put the seal in your letter that says, no cheating 16 days. And the fairy?

Theresa
blueflyer

SeeMyself
Thu, Oct-23-03, 20:44
hi,

welcome

cabbage rolls, is that what we use to call "golabki and (sp) kapusta)"

stuffed cabbage rolls and saurkraut?

CindySue48
Thu, Oct-23-03, 21:29
Copy and paste this into your signature:

http://home.new.rr.com/kitanniweb/atkins/7.gif

with [IMG] before and after.....no spaces.

then just change the number at the end.....right before the .gif....in this case 7.

Thanks for reminding me....I have to update mine!!!