PDA

View Full Version : Back on Atkins again... hopefully to stay!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Moonshea
Wed, Oct-15-03, 20:58
Hello! I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Moonshea, and I'm back on Atkins again. I was on Atkins about 3 years ago, did really good. In fact, I was dubbed the "Atkins Paladin" because my convictions were so strong. However, my ex needled me excessively on all the things he was going to do at such and such time, which on Atkins, you simply can't do, and he kept wanting to go off of it, and finally he broke me and I gave in... I never realized how badly you get addicted to the carbs. I was 100 times more addicted to carbs after that. I tried going back a couple of times, but I was too far addicted and had no will left in me. But, at least it took me 3 years to get back to the weight I had started at. I started Atkins again on Monday, Oct. 13th, 2003 and I hope I'm on it to stay. I loved the food I ate and loved the way it made me feel, not to mention the weight loss and clothes just dropping off of me! lol I have a candy dish on my desk for everyone, and I have found my strength and willpower again to not touch it. That, and they had brownie bites downstairs, and I was soooooo tempted, but I said No! I can have the willpower again! I can walk away! And walk away was what I did! I've found the strength and willpower again, I don't know where it's been, but I'm glad it's back. So, I'm hoping that lurking around and reading the posts, and posting when I have something to offer, will help me stick to my guns! =) This seems like a really great forum, and I look forward to my future here! =)

Moonshea =)

LilaCotton
Wed, Oct-15-03, 23:14
Hi and welcome! I'll bet you're going to do just great this time! :)

sexee_babe
Thu, Oct-16-03, 05:02
MMMMMMMMMMMMM Brownies.

we humans have the capacity to do anything we want...so go for it and good luck!!

I have sweets laying everywhere......for my teenager.

But I just look at them as something I am not allowed to have, I have fallen a couple times, but I jump right back into it. :dazzle: