PDA

View Full Version : Back Again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

moniquej8
Wed, Oct-15-03, 13:55
Not a newbie just back again. I was doing great a yr ago, became pregnant, got off track with LCing and you know the rest of the story.....
Hope to get to know everyone.

ImHere
Wed, Oct-15-03, 14:43
Welcome back!! :)

moniquej8
Wed, Oct-15-03, 15:08
Lori, thank you for the welcome, and CONGRATS :yay: ON YOUR SUCESS!!!!
I took notice that you quit smoking.... did you see any weight gain in quitting?
I quit when I found out I was pregnant and gained weight, but went back to smoking after the baby was born.... Not smart, but I was under a CONSIDERABLE amount of stress considering my daughter was born 15 weeks early weighing in at 1lb 14oz at birth. Yes she is home after 87 days in the hospital and doing great!
What advice do you have for quiting while LCing????

Colleen1
Fri, Oct-17-03, 16:30
You can try using substitute nicotine, like the patch or the gum, and then slowly wean yourself off of that. I know several people who have done that successfully.

I think nicotine increases the metabolism a little. Your weight might bounce up a little when you quit, but just a little.

losethebut
Fri, Oct-17-03, 20:38
Hi. I'm a newbie.. quit 1 1/2 years ago (quit while pg, then stupidly started again...) I hated the gum and the patches burned my skin, so i got hypnotised it cost $90, but I had spent more than that on all my other attempts. Have had NO cravings at all, and even thought while I was "under" that "this isn't working"...

I hope I have as much luck with atkins.
i'm on week 3, still on induction, just wanted to be sure i had a good grasp before i moved on. down 10#s, body fat down 11%. Am pleased thus far, i can get into pants i couldn't get into at the beginning of the summer, but i'd be happy with more!