PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new to the forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Buffalogal
Wed, Oct-15-03, 07:16
Hi everyone:

I've been doing Atkins on and off since last spring. I started again with a vengeance at the beginning of Sept. but then got sick for 10 days and each day cheated more and more. Now I'm back on. I'd like to lose 20-30 pounds by the end of the year, and 60 overall.

I can't do it alone, I've decided. Anyone want to be an Atkins buddy?

angellew
Wed, Oct-15-03, 09:30
Hi! I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes you just need to vent to someone when you think you're going over the edge!

My name is Angela, and I started Atkins about this time last year, after I had my daughter. I did great and lost 40 pounds. Then, we went on vacation and I had a big down slide and gained back almost 20 of it. But, I'm not giving up! I have a beautiful daughter, who I want to be able to chase around Disneyworld in a couple of years!!!

So, if you need to vent or chat, feel free to email me!

Good luck!

Buffalogal
Thu, Oct-16-03, 06:25
Thank you SO much for responding to my message. I read your profile and we're about the same age (I'm 40) and have been married about the same amount of time (me: 3 years). I have four kids, though--two from my previous marriage and two that my husband brought to the marriage. It makes for a hectic life. Stress is almost always the reason I cheat on Atkins. It's something I'm trying to be aware of, but sometimes I just give up and give in!

I look forward to getting to know you and giving each other mutual support! Have a great day and enjoy your little one--18 months is such an awesome age.

moniquej8
Thu, Oct-16-03, 07:22
Welcome back and I wouldluv to be your diet bud!!!!! I too just started again. I got pregnant and well enough said about that.... The thing is when I was pregnant I gained an over abundance cuz I was bedridden so I have a long way to go but so far so good.

If ya need to talk vent, feel like you are going to cheat etc...... email me or send me a pm!!!!!!

angellew
Thu, Oct-16-03, 09:29
I know what you mean about the stress... my weakness too! We have a combined family, as well. My step-son is going to be 15, and the age difference, on top of the "ex factor" is sometimes enough to make me crazy! But, I can't take it out on my husband or his son... so, I eat! But, I'm trying to be better about that. Wouldn't it be great if we could just say "I'm mad and I'm going to work out!" (which has never come out of my mouth!!), but, I'm trying to spit it out!!!

Buffalogal
Thu, Oct-16-03, 11:13
I must say, I feel better already. I went on Vitacost.com this morning and ordered Atkins Basic #3 and Atkins EFO. I didn't take them when I first tried Atkins last year, and I'm wondering if they'll help me stay on track. I'm currently taking dieter's Advantage, but haven't noticed any real benefits.

Angellew, it helps to know you're dealing with stepfamily issues, too.

I know I should get out walking in addition to doing the LC diet. I have a million excuses why I don't...

I'm extremely impulsive by nature and so I know one of my biggest challenges in staying on track and not cheating is interrupting myself as I'm on my way to the cupboard/fridge after I've been stressed. Just last night I wolfed down half a jar of peanut butter and half a jar of jelly. In retrospect, I think it was in response to having my stepkids with us (they're with us half of each week, Wed-Sun). I usually do fine with my eating during the day--it's the evening that's my worst. Maybe I can force myself to get online to this site when I feel a binge coming on.

Anyway, I'm grateful for the support. And feel free to vent at me, as well. We're all in this together.