PDA

View Full Version : im new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nic
Sat, Oct-11-03, 15:48
hello im new.

ive had a big culture shock since starting this low carb stuff as i used to be a veggie. ive just got to the point where i feel very uncomfortable with myself and i want to do something about it. i have started the induction phase of atkins and fell off the wagon i lost 6lbs and gained 2lbs when i got my monthly chocolate craving (damn periods). :nono:

i have read a lot into many diets from wheat free stuff and many anti atkins stuff. but i read the book and was pretty convinced its safe and so im gonna give it another blast.

gonna try real hard if you will help me along the way :angel:

PHATBOY
Sat, Oct-11-03, 16:43
gonna try real hard if you will help me along the way :angel:

You got my back, I'm on my 5th day and need all the help I can get. Manny

nic
Sat, Oct-11-03, 17:00
we can weight watch each other and get to our goals. i need a buddy instead of food to help me through this.

PHATBOY
Sat, Oct-11-03, 19:32
we can weight watch each other and get to our goals. i need a buddy instead of food to help me through this.

sOUNDS GOOD TO ME =) :yay:

LilaCotton
Sat, Oct-11-03, 22:08
Hi, Nic! Just dive right into it and follow the eating plan to a tee and most likely you'll be just fine. :)

A few things to keep in mind:
Make sure you eat enough.
Making a food list at http://www.fitday.com helped me to make sure I was getting the right percentages, enough calories and enough fats (very important).

If you get a craving for something, try putting a little more fat into your diet. We wanted chocolate chip cookies so bad the other day we could nearly taste them. I had baked some chicken hindquarters for hubby, and we nibbled on the crispy drippings in the bottom of the pan after they were done. Voila! Chocolate cookies out of our heads! LOL

Also, you're most likely going to need a vitamin supplement at least while during induction. I know it'll be a huge change to you coming off of a veggie diet, but really and truly, veggie diets just aren't as healthy as they're supposed to be (if man was supposed to be vegetarian he'da been born with a rudimentary stomach. ;) )

Oh, and keep in mind that every month at chocolate craving time you're likely to gain five pounds or so which could be really depressing if you don't think about what caused it. After it's over, though, you should go right back to normal and maybe even lose a few pounds to boot! :)

Good luck!

Manny, you are gonna be just fine, too! You just hang in there. :)