PDA

View Full Version : Just saying HELLO

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PHATBOY
Fri, Oct-10-03, 17:42
Well, You guys are gonna be seeing alot of me here. I'm 4 days into this low carb deal and my kids running around with a box of Honey Nut Cheerios taunting me :yay: while my wife is telling her to stop... :nono:

Today was a tough day cause my lab get a dozen bagels and a dozen donuts delivered every Friday. I asked that they be delivered to an adjacent lab as one of my assemblers is doing this diet with me and the less temptation the better.

While i was walking my dog a neighbor invited me over for some beers... :cry: I actually turned it down and told him that im trying the Atkins deal, He gave me the thumbs up. Thats why I'm here, I'm gonna be needing mad support!

Again, HELLO LOWCARBERS!!!

PHATBOY
Fri, Oct-10-03, 19:22
My wife said not to use phatboy as a login name, It's just a nickname I've had for years. I am actually here to try and lose this title. Sorry If it has offended anyone =( and I did go to my profile to see if i could change it, maybe a moderator could assist me in changing my username.

Kristine
Fri, Oct-10-03, 20:38
Hi. :wave: Sorry, no magic wand for me to wave. ;) You *could* reregister, but... I like it! "Phat" ain't "Fat."

PHATBOY
Fri, Oct-10-03, 20:49
Hi. :wave: Sorry, no magic wand for me to wave. ;) You *could* reregister, but... I like it! "Phat" ain't "Fat."

Cool, thats how I seen it too but the wifey was like, "no replies yet?? Your name might not be proper for that forum" I'm glad I got a mods ok =)

ejc
Fri, Oct-10-03, 21:20
Welcome "PhatBoy"! I had to turn down a beer this week too. Another funny story was ....the same night a friend asked me over for a walk and some sushi. I figured I was pretty safe and thought it would be mostly fish(sashimi). It ended up being the rolls with white rice all around them. We were sitting on the deck outside and everytime she went in the house I would toss some of the rice over the deck railing down the cliff. I didn't have the heart to tell her I couldn't eat anything she had for me. :-) Good lucky with you LCing journey.

EJ

madmike
Fri, Oct-10-03, 21:35
Hi Manny (PhatBoy):

Welcome to the forum! I noticed in another post you mentioned your patients... are you a Doctor or nurse? We can always use your help.
Anyway, glad you are here and glad you are planning on spending some time with us. I spend at least an hour a day on here... it gives me inspiration and I need it. If you need anything or need a buddy during your Atkins diet, just let me know. Sounds like we are in similar situations. I started at 239 and want to lose 74 pounds total (I have lost 30 so far) and you are at 258 and want to get to 185, so thats 73 pounds. I got a little head start on you but I know you can do it.
BTW, my kids taunt me all the time. You get used to it. Tonight we went out to dinner and I watched my 3 year old eat the french fries off my plate while he sat in my lap (I used to have to make him sit away because I couldn't resist the fries) but you get used to it.
Oh, and I have continued drinking beer during induction phase and up until today (almost 11 weeks) and it hasn't effected my weight loss. I just switched to Mic Ultra or Miller lite. I can't honestly recommend that you continue drinking beer in the induction phase, but I would rather see you have a few if you want them than disregard the diet because you can't have a beer with the boys. GOOD LUCK! Mike

Wynter
Sat, Oct-11-03, 00:04
Welcome!

Great to have you on board - and you'll definitely find all the support you need on here. (Oh yeah, and no need to worry about the nick name :))

Wynter

PHATBOY
Sat, Oct-11-03, 07:39
Hi Manny (PhatBoy):

I noticed in another post you mentioned your patients... are you a Doctor or nurse?

No I'm not a Doctor or a Nurse, I'm going to look for that post.....=)

Kristine
Sat, Oct-11-03, 09:08
:cool: By the way, did you know there's low carb beer? ;) Michelob ultra down there, Sleeman Clear up here in Ontari-ari-ario. Don't have any during induction :nono: , but you can drink it in moderation after that.

< disclaimer >I never said it tasted good.< /disclaimer >

PHATBOY
Sat, Oct-11-03, 13:12
:cool: By the way, did you know there's low carb beer? ;) Michelob ultra down there, Sleeman Clear up here in Ontari-ari-ario. Don't have any during induction :nono: , but you can drink it in moderation after that.

< disclaimer >I never said it tasted good.< /disclaimer >

I'm really not that much of a drinker. When we have partys or friends pop in with a 12 pack for the games or such....thats a different story. But i do have a big selection of liquor so If i ever did need a drink of alcohol I could do it on the rocks =) and I prefer a good mixed drink over beer anyday! ut now I will have to find a suitable mix instead of soda.

shortstuff
Sat, Oct-11-03, 15:30
Phatboy - you'll find that most of us here have a good sense of humor! I like your name, BTW, it reminded instantly of that artifical phat stuff that was all the rage a few years ago and I got a good case of the giggles.

Have fun on your journey to losing your nickname.

shortstuff

(PS - I'll never lose my nickname because all five of my brothers are over 6'-2" and I'm less than 5' - I'm stuck with it!)