PDA

View Full Version : Brandnew

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Minuet
Fri, Oct-10-03, 11:11
Thanks for the welcome! I'm not new to diets, but new to LC. Also new to forums. Hope I can surf well enough to communicate! I've been really encouraged in the weight loss, and the lowering of my sugars, but it is not a rapid loss, and that can be frustrating. Especially when I want "instant" results. :cry: But I am persevering! I look forward to hearing more and getting more information! Thanks again. :p

Chantel30
Fri, Oct-10-03, 12:07
Like MisterE said I was first a newbie to the Triple Digit Club, "Come in and take your shoes off !" you will be supported in this forum! Good Luck

Minuet
Fri, Oct-10-03, 14:03
It's nice to know others who were "newbies" once! Thanks for the encouragement.

NickFender
Fri, Oct-10-03, 16:49
Welcome! 27 lbs. lost is a good start. Good Luck!

PHATBOY
Fri, Oct-10-03, 18:30
Welcome! 27 lbs. lost is a good start. Good Luck!

27 lbs :yay: Congrats! I can't wait to see me after I lose that much!

Minuet
Fri, Oct-10-03, 19:50
It has been amazing how good I feel about this diet! Thanks for the encouragement. I know it took me 40+ yrs to get to this weight, and it isn't gonna come off in a few weeks, but I have to say that it has really been so much easier than I expected! I don't CRAVE!!! Wow! I also don't have the sugar highs and lows. It makes such a difference when you're not killing yourself with denial!!! Now I'm experimenting with new recipes and surfing the web for ideas to keep me from getting "bored" with the same old food. It's also great to see so many who are in the "same boat"!! :dazzle:
Minuet

PHATBOY
Fri, Oct-10-03, 19:57
Yup, I'm 40 and going for some loss now. I'm glad I found this site! Looks like alot of helpful people here and have gotten some real quick replys to a few threads I posted. Looks like we found the right place to be, Manny

Kristine
Fri, Oct-10-03, 20:34
Hi Minuet. :wave: I put your threads back together. It's usually easiest to reply in the same thread. :thup: Just to confuse you, it's also easy to accidentally hit the "new thread" button instead of "post reply". :daze:

Btw, the user by the name of brandnew has zero posts... how did s/he welcome you? :daze:

Minuet
Fri, Oct-10-03, 21:28
Sorry about that. I'm totally new at chats and threads and such. I thought someone referred to me as "brandnew"--not a user name. If I'm wrong, forgive!!