PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, good people! I am from Outer Space!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marillia
Thu, Oct-09-03, 16:22
...Or not. :p

I am Lila Cotten's forementioned 17-year-old daughter. I've been trying Atkins along with Lila. I haven't lost any weight yet (except MAYBE a pound), but that may be because I started the diet a week before TOM. I'm hoping that when TOM ends I'll have lost some weight. :)

Unlike Lila, I chose not to use my "hobbit name." As it was, the name "Myrtle" didn't quite sound right, so instead I used a name I made up on the spur of the moment one day. :) I don't know how LOTR-ish it sounds, but it works. :D

By the way, my avatar is a sim face of Elizabeth Taylor's Cleopatra. Unfortunately, I'm not THAT pretty. :lol: I like making skins and this one happened to be a recent one, so I decided to be a nasty little showoff. :D

I'm sure you can tell my family is fond of Lord of the Rings, but one of our favorite movie genres is science-fiction. We're especially fond of Stargate SG-1 and have Seasons 1 through 4 on DVD. :D

Anyway, this diet is so far looking good. I haven't had low bloodsugar lately and I haven't actually gained any weight, so I must be doing SOMETHING right... :lol:

BeccaResRN
Thu, Oct-09-03, 16:27
congratulations on starting this WOE. i wish i had found something doable 4 for weight loss before now. I am sure you will begin losing soon TOM always sets us ladies back a bit...GOOD LUCK and Welcome :)

Kristine
Fri, Oct-10-03, 08:40
Welcome aboard! :wave: It's great that your mom is in on it, too - it makes it much easier! Are you the household with four people doing Atkins, or am I thinking of someone else? That's great!!

LilaCotton
Fri, Oct-10-03, 23:51
Hi, Kristine, that would be us! :D

Marillia
Sat, Oct-11-03, 07:31
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes, four crazed individuals locked up together in the same nuthouse... that's us! :D

Kristine
Sat, Oct-11-03, 09:10
:lol: That's fantastic! I love it!

Who does the cooking, or do you all pitch in? ;)